Triumph Rocket 3

betoney

• Supporting Member

Triumph claims 165 hp and 163 pound-feet of torque from the 2020 Rocket 3 R and GT 2020 Rocket 3

“I think people are going to be genuinely surprised about how you can throw this thing around on a twisty road. It handles so much better than people are ever going to expect it to.”

image.thumb.png.720a4180d1f23fa066c50887c54b6a81.png

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I wouldn't want one, but I think they've nailed the styling of the grey one on the left.   I see quite a few of these from time to time here...

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

Was just looking at a used VMax on Craigslist. Glad I read this post. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

3 hours ago, texscottyd said:

For those times when a V-Max feels just a little bit sluggish... 

Ah-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!!!!!IMG_5730.thumb.JPG.76d27b7aecaca7761c1fc16bdafe6140.JPGI have a video of this bike and the red VMax behind it drag racing but it's 34 MBs so it won't fit here. Oh yeah, Gen2 VMaxes have 196 HP after a re-flash. Not sure of the Torque. 

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member
1 hour ago, StealthAu said:

I think that was the TFC version, the ones above are the production version which follow. 

I believe you’re right, @StealthAu.   And conveniently enough, we’ve discussed the TFC model here, too...   it’s a stunning machine (at least visually) 

• 2 months later...

197hp and 123tq for the 1700cc vmax that will do a rolling burnout at 30mph. rode a demo vmax once, and we were in a 30mph zone when everyone in front started to pull away, so i dropped down to first, let out the clutch and twisted the throttle a bit. i saw the rpms go up to about 9k but i wasnt going any faster. turns out i was doing a rolling burnout at 30mph without even trying to!!! that bike is scary fast in a straight line! the 0-100 is crazy! but, she is also crazy thirsty as well! i think they said on the average 17 mile demo run, they have to put in about 1.5-1.7 gallons of fuel each time! and with a 4 gallon tank, thats not quite going to get me from home to work and back without needing fuel! at least the rocket has a larger fuel tank on it.

Edited by trevinator
  • Thumbsup 1