• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

HELP ! NEED RIGHT FORK CAP - REBOUND ADJUSTER FROZEN?

• Premium Member

I was replacing the fork seals and dust wiper on my 15's forks because after installing Mat's cartridges (has anyone been in contact with him recently?) and installing SKF fork seals and wipers, the compression screw O-ring failed and fork fluid leaked all over my left caliper and rotor, AND the SKF seals were too stiff and burnishing the sliders.  So I took the chance and installed another compression screw O-ring and installed OEM seals and wipers but the right cap rebound adjuster when I turned it in froze and would not budge.  It happened on the left cap as well (I have rebound in both legs) but it unstuck.  I managed to disassemble the fork cap and remove the preload adjuster but the lower rebound "screw"( that is rotated by the upper adjuster that engages a flat "blade" on the screw but does not go up and down with it) is stuck fast.  I tried drilling out body that appears has a detent that seems to stake the screw to know avail.  I heated the body hoping the screw would turn; no luck.  I froze the screw; still no luck.  I can't figure out why it froze in the first place.

Does anyone have any suggestion??

So I need another right fork cap (PN:  2PP-23111-10-00).  Part Shark sells them he cheapest at $138!!  I can't set the preload spacing and reassemble the right fork without a functioning cap.

Grrrrr....

Help!

20190803_212946.jpg

20190803_212953.jpg

20190803_213007.jpg

That sucks. Hope  you find something quickly. I'd hit eBay for a new fork cap. I think there's a bent set of forks on there you could steal a fork cap from.

I do have one silly question, you've tried turning the screw both ways right? It's not just maxed out in 1 direction?

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member

No worries I appreciate you responding they were about 438 bucks

I was able somehow to get the cap working and back together though the detents or clicks are faint when you get farther in

I still ordered a new cap and I guess I will replace it one of these days, like the next front tire change, sooner than later if there's a problem with the is a problem with the cap

I think I know what happened

if you do not have the compression screwed down quite a bit, when you're adjusting the rebound screw before you install it on the rod, the slot in the adjuster mechanism disengages from the blade and it locks up

20190804_184521.jpg