Has anyone installed a Leovince LV One Evo on a 2015 FJ?

Dark&Stormy

I keep trying to refit the headers to the ports but each time I get them flush and tightened down I start the engine all I can hear is a loud exhaust leak coming from ports. Is this normal as in it will go away after a few heat cycles? Ive tried refitting it 3 times I even tried without the copper gaskets installed. The instructions are so vague and lost in translation they are laughable. This is supposed to be a reputable brand yeah?

• Supporting Member

@Dark&Stormy - That certainly doesn’t look right, unfortunately.   Is this a brand new system, or has it been on the bike already?

I have a LeoVince on my 636, and it’s a beautifully made piece that fits perfectly.  I suppose any vendor can have a random manufacturing defect, but that is really surprising to see...  

Good luck & I hope you find a quick resolution.  

13 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

@Dark&Stormy - That certainly doesn’t look right, unfortunately.   Is this a brand new system, or has it been on the bike already?

I have a LeoVince on my 636, and it’s a beautifully made piece that fits perfectly.  I suppose any vendor can have a random manufacturing defect, but that is really surprising to see...  

Good luck & I hope you find a quick resolution.  

Its new.

Also the midpipe is damn near rubbing on the bottom right corner of the oil pan. I emailed both the seller and LVUSA. The thing is the miss matched header pipes shouldnt matter that much since you place the collars into the ports and secure them with the flanges and the 12mm nuts (they should be flush)  Then you wiggle the pipes in and they're held inplace with the springs.

Ill try new exhaust gaskets to see if that makes a difference.

Also the flanges cant be torqued to 14ft/lbs as LV says or else they will bend like cheese. I bent one trying to torque it down and had to flatten it out in a 20 ton press.

The installation instructions are complete garbage and LV has a crappy minute long video showing the final 3 steps of installation..

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, koth442 said:

New exhaust gaskets is a good idea. 

Sad to hear LV isn't living up to their previous quality. 

Just tried putting the stock exhaust  back on only to discover the shitty aluminum LV flanges that bent like a taco had actually bent my exhaust studs inward. Now the stock stainless steel flange wont fit. Thanks LeoVince. 

I had problems fitting a Scorpion exhaust so I know that new studs are pretty cheap. Annoying that you have to do it, but at least it’s a cheap fix.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

1 hour ago, koth442 said:

New exhaust gaskets is a good idea. 

Sad to hear LV isn't living up to their previous quality. 

Just tried putting the stock exhaust  back on only to discover the shitty aluminum LV flanges that bent like a taco had actually bent my exhaust studs inward. Now the stock stainless steel flange wont fit. Thanks LeoVince. 

Theres good chance that the bent exhaust studs are preventing the collars from seating properly. What a can of worms.

4 minutes ago, BBB said:

I had problems fitting a Scorpion exhaust so I know that new studs are pretty cheap. Annoying that you have to do it, but at least it’s a cheap fix.

Do you happen to know the size? Can you get them at any autoparts store or is this gonna be a dealer order?