Left Switch Housing Screw Sizes '17 FJ-09

fj09viking

Does anyone know the length for screws 15 and 16 in the exploded view in link below (partzilla)? They either fell out or I inadvertently threw them out as I very recently got rid of a bunch of unidentified hardware. I have ordered OEM screws from Yamaha but doubtful they will have them before I go on a four day road trip in a week. 

cdn.partzilla.com

Edited by fj09viking
Content and spelling

For some reason the diagram isn’t loading for me - but “generally” the last 2 digits of the second group of numbers in the part number (before the -00 or -10 or whatever) = the length of the fastener in millimeters.

ie- 90890-12345-00 is a 45mm fastener.

-Skip

• Thumbsup 1

9 minutes ago, skipperT said:

For some reason the diagram isn’t loading for me - but “generally” the last 2 digits of the second group of numbers in the part number (before the -00 or -10 or whatever) = the length of the fastener in millimeters.

ie- 90890-12345-00 is a 45mm fastener.

-Skip

Thanks for the tip! That is greatly appreciated. According to your tip they are 40 and 55mm respectively, which sounds about right. The diameter and thread type I can get from other side needless to say, but none of the 4 screws holding the left and housings together are the same length. Plan B was to go to a bolt supply store and get a handful of various length screws of the same diameter and thread type. 

Apologies for diagram. The link isn't showing properly for me either but does open when I click on the bottom portion. Thanks again.

Edited by fj09viking

1 hour ago, skipperT said:

No worries.  They will either be 6x1.0mm or 5x0.8 (or 5 by 0.9 pitch, which ever is more common. ). Ace hardware is usually better than Home Depot or Lowe’s for fasteners if you’re in the ‘States. 

-Skip

I am in Canada. I found M5 40mm and 50mm at a shop. 55mm is obviously a non standard length so I'd have to get 60mm and cut it, but they were out. That said, at least 15mm of the 50mm screw is threaded in to the top part of the cover of the housing with blue threadlock, so it's not going anywere. Heck, it was only when removed a 2 x 1/2 strip of velcro that was glued to top and bottom cover for my garage opener that I realized screws were gone. They have probably been missing for at least two weeks! Thanks again for sharing that info!

• Like 1