johnmark101

Puig sport screen for sale

Posted (edited)

Puig sport screen for Tracer in dark smoke color.  Like new with no scratches or chips and includes mounting hardware.  Will ship in the continental U.S. for 45 dollars.  I am located in central Kentucky.

IMG_2826.JPG

Edited by johnmark101

There is noting like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I'm interested.  How short is it?  It looks like it's just barely tall enough to cover the backside of the instrument cluster, which is about all I'm looking for.

How's the airflow with this particular shield?  Any extra noise or buffeting vs. no windshield at all?

4 hours ago, superfist said:

I'm interested.  How short is it?  It looks like it's just barely tall enough to cover the backside of the instrument cluster, which is about all I'm looking for.

How's the airflow with this particular shield?  Any extra noise or buffeting vs. no windshield at all?

On my GT the top of the screen cleared the handle for adjusting the screen height by about 1.5 inches. I have attached a photo.  It is quite short and adjusting the height did not make a lot of difference.  You are in the wind but the turbulence and buffeting I felt with the stock screen was gone.....much better.  Did not notice any increase in wind noise, but I do wear earplugs.   If I raised it all the way up it would block a little air off my torso but that is about it.  It was a noticeable improvement over stock.  I am selling because I also have an MRA which I like a bit better.

I can not comment on riding with no screen as I have not tried this.

Thanks for inquiring and best regards...….John. 

IMG_2800.JPG

There is noting like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I ride with one and buffeting is marginally increased over no screen, but not enough to mater. The noise level is almost the same as the smooth flow when standing up.