Givi v35 quick release pannier racks - PLXR2122

These pannier rails were purchased for Elaine as she had a pair of hardly used Givi V35 panniers left over from her last bike.

Ordered from Here and they arrived from Italy within the week.

Fitting was very easy, although the instructions were a little obscure. We liked the fact that the rails could be removed within seconds if the panniers were not being used, which left an unclutterd look to the rear of the bike.

This image shows the footrest bracket, Just these and the top lugs are left if you remove the QD rails.

v35-2.jpg

The top mounting QD Lugs.

v35-1.jpg

The rails are removed by the used of a triangular key, which is supplied.

v35-3.jpg

There is a bracing rail that joins the two sides which is not shown - 'cos I forgot ???

v35-4.jpg

v35-5.jpg

v35-6.jpg

v35-7.jpg

The panniers are just under 4 inches/10cm wider each side than the Yamaha city panniers fitted on my tracer.

v35-8.jpg

v35-9.jpg

v35-10.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good and I was intending to get V35s when my bike finally arrives but it looks like there is a lot of lost real estate because of the curvature of the panniers.

Is this designed to give clearance for high level exhausts?

Can the quick release system still be used with the rear cross brace in place or does one of the cross brace bolts need loosening to allow withdrawal?

Looks good and I was intending to get V35s when my bike finally arrives but it looks like there is a lot of lost real estate because of the curvature of the panniers. 
Is this designed to give clearance for high level exhausts?

Can the quick release system still be used with the rear cross brace in place or does one of the cross brace bolts need loosening to allow withdrawal?
I dont know why there is room, I presume that Givi had a reason. 
There are 8 QR bolts holding everything in place. You only need to undo one of the cross brace bolts and that takes under a second to do.

• Premium Member
Looks like 2 perfect places to put MSR gas bottles to me. 
ADVrider is over there ====>  
:)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Wow, those are huge. You could put two small children in them. confused2_zpsv8dmakkf.gif
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
That looks great! Anyone know if these are available in the US? I can't find anything on them.
Givi have pretty good websites tailored to regional markets - however the FJ09 is not on the USA site. There seems to be quite a large network of dealers shown on http://www.giviusa.com/dealers so perhaps contact one of them. 
Alternatively, see if the Italian dealer will ship to the USA. I have bought from them and shipping was only about $8 to the UK - click the UK flag for English
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 months later...
Any chance you can repost the pics of the Givi luggage on the bike?   I'm about to order it but would like to see it first.  Your posted pictures seemed to have lost the links in your post, so I can't view it.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived