Givi v35 quick release pannier racks - PLXR2122

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Do the quick release brackets seem pretty sturdy and safe/secure? My bike sits in the city streets a lot but I also want to be able to ride without the bags and brackets on when i dont really want to use them.

I don't see that they are more or less secure than any other hard bag system. With the panniers fitted, you do not have access to the quick release bolts. The panniers themselves have the standard givi locking system.

• Premium Member
the bracket on the footrest hanger aligns with a hole in the side case frame so you can fit a padlock if desired

on my bike, I replaced the quick release hardware with standard bolts - my kit is the standard one, not the V35 special kit that Elaine has. As someone else stated, on some kits Givi shipped the wrong bolts with standard allen heads not the low profile bolts, making it difficult to use the quick release system. Many of us also got the wrong cross brace. I think Givi had so many orders when the MT09 Tracer was first shipped in Europe that they cut a few corners on QA. Fortunately, the Italian retailer was a good egg and shipped the correct cross brace soon after.

Once you get the correct parts the Givi kit is very good. Kappa branded stuff is identical.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Thanks wessie. The Kappa K33's look like the Givi v35 but for less than half the price!
I was referring to the brackets when I said identical.

For the cases you may find some cosmetic difference but they will function the same. Givi cases may have more bling like reflectors or shiny panels.

Note the Kappa claim to be 33 litres and the Givi claim to be 35 litres - I doubt they are from different moulds - perhaps the Kappa are made from a thicker, cheaper resin so the internal dimensions are reduced? It would be interesting to weigh them. 

I've been very happy with my K40 cases. Bought on Ebay from an Italian company called outlet_ricambi - see my review for links
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the photos. I am deciding on side bags now.
I like the givi v35 and an Italian seller on ebay haso it for a good price. I don't know how I feel about the lost space inside with the curve. Looking to store my helmet in the bag sometimes.

Shad takes a long time but is cheaper. It just seems bulky with the mounts.

The fjr bags are what I really want but they are hard to find used.

• Premium Member
Thanks for the photos. I am deciding on side bags now. I like the givi v35 and an Italian seller on ebay haso it for a good price. I don't know how I feel about the lost space inside with the curve. Looking to store my helmet in the bag sometimes.

Shad takes a long time but is cheaper. It just seems bulky with the mounts.

The fjr bags are what I really want but they are hard to find used.
The below is from a previous post that I made giving the order information for the unpainted FJR saddlebags and other needed items.  I just checked their website and, interestingly, everything is still listed as available *except* the Right side saddlebag.  It might be worth a call to them to see what's going on.  Good Luck! 
------------
Check out Yamaha of Cucamonga (yocracing.com). I ordered the unpainted FJR saddlebags from them and got them (with the mounts and lock set) in @ 30 days. Below are the part#s and prices I got (YMMV).

5PS-W0753-0L-00 SIDE CASE LEFT UNPAINTED = $304.76
5PS-W0753-0R-00 SIDE CASE RIGHT UNPAINTED = $304.76
5P5-28406-01-00 3-Lock Set = $65.59
2PP-F84G0-V0-00 HARD SADDLEBAG MOUNT = $77.07
------------

• 2 months later...
I am very close to pulling the trigger on a set of used v35 for ~ 200 euros, but my Traces is fitted with the Yamaha tail tidy (http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/mt/mt-09-tracer.aspx?view=accessories&partcode=2PP-FRLPH-00-00&year=2016). Does anyone know if this could cause any problems with installing the PLXR2122 racks? I am worried about the cross bar and unfortunately i do not have the original tail tidy..

• 1 month later...

Archived