Givi v35 quick release pannier racks - PLXR2122

SP1ros, 
I had a tail tidy on and I was actually unable to mount the side supports let alone the crossbar. I will have to revert to the original tail unless someone has other ideas. The lights unfortunately get in the way.
PLXR2122 with the yamaha tail tidy is no good either. i will need to buy the OEM tail tidy/plate holder ...

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks to this post I ordered a set last summer and used them all season with zero problems aside from a couple inconveniences.

1. You need to lock the panniers before removing the key. This means they can't ever be left in an unlocked state. A bit of a hassle when you want to store them or for quick access to them when your bike is running (if you leave your case keys on your ignition keychain like I do).

2. I keep scuffing the front of the right pannier with my boot as I get on/off my bike. The front of the pannier no longer pretty :( This isn't a Givi issue however, it comes down to manner you get on/off your bike.

IMG_20160416_161846.jpg
IMG_20160416_161900.jpg

I scuff my Shad SH36 pannier in exactly the same way. Clear rubber line in an arc on the top.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I have been using these (givis) since I bought the bike. Absolutely love them, but yeah, they take a bit of a beating. Fortunately my bike is covered in mud and dust so its hard to tell :)
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Archived