My Hard-to-reach-key Fix

R.C.

P1010811.thumb.JPG.7d71b80c4b57b3f4969b28eb81047c15.JPG

P1010812.JPG

P1010813.JPG

Having dropped my key while trying to find the ignition switch in the black void, I decided to extend my key.   I found a screen door strike plate and a screw post at my local hardware store and added some Velcro for grip.  Works pretty good!  Makes the key longer and  grippier and can be folded up.

Edited by R.C.
  • Thumbsup 4

That's a cunning stunt - thanks for sharing.   I live in dread of losing the key in the Black Hole there, having already seen it irretrievably gobble-up various fastenings, and more recently a 6" ring spanner

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

3 hours ago, wordsmith said:

That's a cunning stunt - thanks for sharing.   I live in dread of losing the key in the Black Hole there, having already seen it irretrievably gobble-up various fastenings, and more recently a 6" ring spanner

Great idea!  How I do it.  Spare ignition key is in topbox and extra topbox key is in saddlebag.  The in use keys are not connected so it's unlikely both will be lost at the same time.  I've lost the ignition key twice.  Once it was in the saddle bag all night , next time it was on the ground by the bike.