Puig Touring Screen

krillz

Looks ok. I’m not a fan of windscreens to begin with. I’ve had the bike 1 year and the OE screen served well enough. I ALWAYS have ear plugs in. 6-8 hours with the stock screen I’m good. Any longer I start to go nuts. Can’t find peace. The chin bar vent being closed helps but not enough. Took a quick spin and although not perfect in functionality or winning beauty contest this will work fantastic for those really long weekend getaways. My short 3-6 hour rides around local area I’ll swap to the OE in less then 2 minutes. I’m 5’10”  and @ $133 USD it’s worth a shot. 

709AB325-54B6-4FB9-890F-FC39EDD644FF.jpeg

8F8E1BB0-31AB-4A89-9340-1BEBB1004AB8.jpeg

EB8BECAD-B090-4E51-BC3B-615854052BF2.jpeg

Thanks for posting the pics of it. I put their "mini" screen on for summer and have thought about a taller one for cooler weather and will consider one of these also. Can you post how tall the screen is please?

Edited by fred99

On 8/14/2019 at 2:34 PM, flyfifer said:

That is a useful photo !👍

Looking fwd to your critique.

It’s better. How much better I think really depends on your helmet. I tried with several, believe it or not the cheaper Joe Rocket was the quietest. The loudest was my daily RF-1200 sad to say. The Icon was in the middle. None is unbearable. With the 2 top vents shut or the visor open it is completely silent. Even at 75 mph. With that being said, I live in North Carolina. It gets hot. So you need Venturi effect or you will die. So if your a visor open rocking sunglasses then it’s really great. I prefer a shut visor and no shades but I always have them. I didn’t want a screen that blocks every bit of air so it works for my long stretches of open road. Feel free to ask. 

only my opinion,,,

From your pic the screen looks mounted tight against the bracket.  The key to reducing turbulence (and thundering in your helmet) is getting wind flow under & behind the screen.  California Scientific and Madstad screens employ this technique. 

Cal Sci's explanation in section titled Aerodynamics: 

Edited by R.C.
  • Thumbsup 1

Having a helmet designed for up right riding and touring instead of a tucked style helmet makes the biggest difference with or without the screen

Edited by krillz
  • Thumbsup 1