Uk calling..

Hi everyone, Just joined and getting my first Yamaha since 1983 when I was 16 and riding my yellow fizzy Dx. Soon getting a new 2018 tracer 900 in grey with the best accessory of all, discount. Really like the style, engine, weight and comfort. Gonna get a few bits put on, but the screen seems the biggest issue. So, what is the general consensus, bigger, smaller or nowt.??

I'm liking the look's of the Puig racing screen and what i can find out, being small reduces noise and buffeting but probably less protection. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day, bye for now.

• Thumbsup 1

Hi @Dodgy Knees and welcome  to the forum.

I have the Puig Touring screen on mine, with an adjustable spoiler on the top edge. I’m 6’ 2” and it’s the best solution I’ve found for lack of turbulent wind noise. Great for winter or longer journeys. I often swap to a very short screen for summer to get better airflow though.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Welcome @Dodgy Knees I know you're gonna love the Tracer!

On the screen front I went with the biggest screen I could find with a MRA style lip as well, the Puig touring screen with 'visor' and it does the job of cutting out the turbulence very well (but doesn't look great) but as my riding is mainly touring it suits me nicely.

IMG_7391.JPG

Thanks gents, probably best to have tall and short screen then, depending on what your up to. It's the Puig sport screen I've seen,  not racing,  Ebay £70 odd. The standard does read infamously poor.

I'm ride mainly day outs with a couple of week trips a year if I'm lucky.