Givi top and side case install

taylormade21

Has anyone here mounted a Givi V47 top case and the Givi Outtrekker hard side cases on an FJ-09? (Mines a 2017)

After scouring this forum, the Internet and sending Givi USA in NV an inquiry (with no response) I can not for the life of me find any info, anyone who's done this comb or instructions on the correct way to instal both types together.

So before I call Givi, I thought I'd throw this out there on this platform 1st.

Is it possible? Currently I have the V47 top case installed (was already installed upon buying the bike) but have the Outtrekker side cases and mounts ready. But the instructions for the side cases are lacking, Givi only has videos showing install for the two types of luggage as a single unit but never combined. Do I just place the side case mount directly over the mount for the top case? Because if I use the the spacers as instructed over the top case bracket, wouldn't that make the width between the side cases too far apart to untize the stabilization bar/cross bar that connects the two side case mounts from under the subframe?

Any and all advice, how to's, step by step instructions or even pictures would be great.

• Premium Member

I had a Givi Monokey set-up on my Tracer. I do not have the bike now. I have installed their kits to multiple bikes. 

Note, a number of the original Monokey kits for the Tracer had the wrong part in the box for the rear cross brace. My dealer (an Italian mail order company) was on the ball and shipped the correct part to me within a few days. That boggled my mind as I thought I had done something wrong

I am not familiar with the Outtrekker side cases. Do you mean Trekker Monokey cases or, as I suspect, the Trekker Outback cases? 

What I have found with Givi is to assemble everything very loosely to begin with, then tighten up once happy it is assembled correctly. 

IIRC, and I looked at the online PDF,  the rear rack only attaches to the rear mount for the side case bracketry. Therefore, you will need a spacer only on the front mount to keep everything parallel. Without the rear rack you need 2 spacers but maybe the diagrams do not make this clear. 

Take car with removing the bolts on the footrests. Mine were done up with blue Loctite and this was stronger than the nasty alloy Yamaha used on the bolt. I had to get quite brutal with one of them after rounding off the allen head, drilling the hole deeper and then hammering in a Torx socket. 

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.