So this happened...

nico

• Premium Member

The videos look like it's a very small amount of run-out, so I don't think it's the rotors.  If the calipers are operating properly, then that small amount of run-out should push the pads back a hair and not drag.  I'm not sure where you are, but I have a run-out gauge if you're somewhere in the Georgia area.

Check the caliper lines and caliper operation, if the lines got pulled, twisted or otherwise damaged, it could impede the return flow of fluid causing the calipers to hang and stick a bit.  Easiest way is to put the calipers back on, spin the wheel and apply pressure to the wheel while the brakes are being held.  Let go of the lever and see if the wheel immediately releases.  You'll want to check the operation both cold and hot.  Take it for a ride, heat up the front brakes with some long slow stops and check the release again.  As the brakes heat up, it could be building pressure in the calipers and engaging the brakes.

Check the rear caliper (hot and cold) as well as the rear brake lever adjustment.  I recently changed my foot pegs for some sportier rear sets and the adjustment was slightly out.  about four miles down the road, it felt like the motorcycle was losing power.  I had to let the rear brake cool, adjust the rear brake lever and switch with the tools I had in a parking lot and that took care of it.  When I got home, I removed the pads and they hadn't glazed, but if they glaze you can just scrape them over some concrete, clean them off and reinstall.   I'm thinking it's possible the weight of your foot on the rear brake when you hit the ditch could have very mildly bent something so that the rear brake might be binding when it gets hot.

Sorry for the internet guessing, lol.   Just giving you some other things to check that are possible.