Sign in to follow this  
keithu

FJR-09

11 hours ago, 2linby said:

Tell me about the Saddle. I live in Eugene and loathe the idea of spending $500 on a seat mod, but can't handle the stock seat much more. I'm just pissed it costs so much to modify a small saddle like ours. So is it really worth it? 

Without question it's the best $500 I've ever spent on a motorcycle mod. With this saddle it's quite easy to ride through a full gas tank without any breaks. I've done many 500-700 mile days, and one 1000+ mile day and the only thing that bugs me is my throttle hand (hence my plan to get cruise control). 

It is a lot of money but the seat is truly customized to your fit. You will spend a couple of hours in the shop while they build the seat, you test-sit and give feedback, they re-shape it, etc. You'll take a test ride near the end before the final covering. It's a tailored suit for your butt.

Tip: If your motorcycle sits outside in the rain, ask Don to add a waterproof liner under the seat cover. Mine sits outside in Corvallis all day when I'm at work, January-December. Rain will eventually seep through the seams and moisten the cushion.

• Thumbsup 3

On 8/24/2019 at 6:05 PM, keithu said:

KIMG2402.JPG

Way off topic here, but is that a YZF750 lurking in the background?  

I have a bit of history with those bikes... 

BAD3CAC6-E3BC-40BF-888E-67C2C5A78259.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3

11 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Way off topic here, but is that a YZF750 lurking in the background?  

I have a bit of history with those bikes... 

Nice pic! Yes, that is a YZF750. I recently picked it up from a friend who passed away. It needs a lot of work, but that project will have to wait until after the FJ build. 

• Thumbsup 3

Current project state is: In pieces. I hit 26k on the odometer so the FJ is torn apart for:

* Valve adjustment (all exhaust valves are tight, all intakes are good)

* Throttle body sync

* Sparkplugs

* Air filter

* Clutch cable

* Coolant flush

This also gives me a chance to clean up some wire routing for farkles.

KIMG2467.JPG

• Like 1