• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

just gonna send it!

11 hours ago, betoney said:

That whole area from Mt. Shasta to Lake Tahoe is AMAZING.  I have been through that area several times but on the main roads, 49/70/89/139/395 etc. 

Even when I ride a familiar area, I always try to add a new section that Ive never ridden before.  When I go back I specifically want to ride between Quincy and Oroville on a loop - Bucks Lake Rd/ Oro Quincy Highway and then La Porte Rd/Quincy Laporte Rd.  Any feedback on this specific loop?

Lets see if this link works...

No I only have experience on the main roads. I’m thinking I’m gonna go back first week June and spend a few days riding out of Quincy. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, whitecrow said:

No I only have experience on the main roads. I’m thinking I’m gonna go back first week June and spend a few days riding out of Quincy. 

49 through Downieville is one of my favorites and Donner Pass just South of there near Truckee is very worthwhile as well.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 2/4/2020 at 10:10 AM, betoney said:

This Spring I plan on exploring the roads between Quincy and Oroville for the first time, want to make a loop from Quincy to Bucks Lake to Oroville then to La Porte and back to Quincy. - Is that area worth the trip?  any seasonal snow closures?

There are a ton of amazing roads in this area, any single one of them could be a destination ride, but here you string them together, one after the other.  

The closure you should most likely watch is highway 162 AKA Bucks Lake Rd AKA Oroville Quincy Hwy. It is not plowed up above the Butte/Plumas county line on the west side, and past the Sno Park on the east side. Usually by mid may it's passable - it's not a high altitude road, just snowy. 

When you make your plans let me know how many days you'll have to ride here and how much you want to ride per day. I'll draw up some options for you. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current