Phone mounts

Just mounted mine up this morning.

It's the Ultimate Addons handlebar clamp with three-prong attachment. Just long enough to go between the bar clamps and for the Universal Smartphone holder not to foul the top of them.

Even in portrait orientation, it doesn't obscure the instruments.

I dug out an old USB cigarette lighter charger that has one built-in cable but then discovered that cable was broken, so using as a SatNav the phone died on my 20 minutes in to the ride.

I'll try again this evening using the raw USB port and cable but this is not weatherproof. What are folks using for USB charging that uses the accessory socket and is weatherproof too...?

50 minutes ago, v1nn1e said:

I'll try again this evening using the raw USB port and cable but this is not weatherproof. What are folks using for USB charging that uses the accessory socket and is weatherproof too...?

Well, I use one of these usb cigarette lighter adaptors and a rather cheap and nasty plastic bag to weatherproof it. It has been out in all kinds of weather and not had any leaks yet. Made a small hole in the bottom to pass the power cable through, then taped it up.

What I should've done, ( and may yet ) is use a longer thinner plastic bag so that where the cable goes into it, can be bent over so any water would have to travel uphill to get into it ( if that makes sense )

It's like its own condom!!

$_35.jpg

20191025_145938.jpg

Edited by tojjer
  • Thumbsup 1