1st Service Costs.

I don't plan to let the dealer work on my bike much, always had more confidence in a good independent mechanic like I've had for years.  But I did want them to do the 600 mile service.  Just dropped my bike off and the estimate is $215.  Seems kind of high for an oil change and whatever. 
Are they including syncing the throttle bodies? That is part of the first service.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't plan to let the dealer work on my bike much, always had more confidence in a good independent mechanic like I've had for years.  But I did want them to do the 600 mile service.  Just dropped my bike off and the estimate is $215.  Seems kind of high for an oil change and whatever.  What is your dealer charging?  

merged with the existing thread
wessie
your stealer is more affordable than mine. Not by much, but its speaks volumes when its not consistent.

I don't plan to let the dealer work on my bike much, always had more confidence in a good independent mechanic like I've had for years.  But I did want them to do the 600 mile service.  Just dropped my bike off and the estimate is $215.  Seems kind of high for an oil change and whatever.  What is your dealer charging?  

merged with the existing thread
wessie
your stealer is more affordable than mine. Not by much, but its speaks volumes when its not consistent.
Well, mine is still the champ of stealers, they wanted $450.00. Now that is a Stealer with a capital S. From what I saw people posting, it seems like the average is around $200.00 in the US.

I don't plan to let the dealer work on my bike much, always had more confidence in a good independent mechanic like I've had for years.  But I did want them to do the 600 mile service.  Just dropped my bike off and the estimate is $215.  Seems kind of high for an oil change and whatever. 
Are they including syncing the throttle bodies? That is part of the first service.

Got a verbal estimate of "around $200" from my dealer as well. I am trying to swing having a demo bike for the day as well..... :)
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

85€ is very good, yours is the cheapest Euro service here - One in Croatia and mine in Holland were 107 €. We might all come over to your dealer in Serbia for our services ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Just had mine done, $255 for the initial service... Supposedly including throttle body sync (only thing I couldn't do). They stated book was 3.45 hours for labor...got 30 minute discount as I purchased from them.

All authorized dealers/service-shops in Greece are instructed by Yamaha Greece, that all labour for the 1st service is discounted at 100%.
That is, customer pays only for the oil and filter.
As a curtsey of the dealer I got the bike, as long as I service it on his shop I shall receive 10% discount on materials and 20% discount on labour.
So my 1st service was 25 Euros, yamalube oil 2.7lt and Denso (yamaha) filter.

Interesting-I'm thinking about taking mine back to Westfield for its first service soon--just over 650 miles on mine at the moment, and planned to ask about that anyway.  If they don't, I may as well do the service myself, since I just picked up my service manual yesterday.....

about $40 for my first service.  Did it all myself, paid for oil and filter, already had chain lube and cleaner.  i was a little late at about 680 miles, but whenever it wasn't raining i've been riding or busy.  Regarding the throttle sync, people have been saying this is a first service item.  I've looked through the manual and they are suggesting it every service... I will wait a bit and take it in if i notice any issues but thats a bit excessive to me.  Used Mobil 1 synthetic 4t 10w-40, KN-204 filter, and also gave her a good wash, and a once over.  
Does anyone know if the dealer or the factory put in the first run of oil?  Whoever it was they had a gorilla in the shop and torqued the crap out of my oil filter and plug.  Before I even tried to remove drain plug I noticed it was already stripped (took pics before putting a wrench on it) and I had to use a breaker bar.  I mutilated the oil filter removing it using a pair of channel locks and the good ol screwdriver through er method.  I will be mentioning this to my dealer and requesting a new oil pan bolt from them.  

IMG_0485.jpgIMG_0486.jpg

The dealer I bought mine through wanted $200 to change the oil/filter, inspect all the nuts/bolts, and inspect/lube the chain. They made no indications they would be doing anything further. I paid $35 for a gallon of Yamalube 10w-40, the oil filter, and some dry spray wash from the same dealer and did everything myself as per the manual and documented everything that was done. 

Archived