OEM Heated Grip Question

skeelo221

Hello, 

First post here, just picked up a 2015 FJ-09 w/ 14k miles.  It has the OEM heated grips which integrate nicely into the dash. 

I attempted to install some Progrip 714 grips to aid in the really bad handlebar vibrations I am getting.  As I have no experience with heated grips, I falsely assumed the wiring was internal and I tried to cut the outer rubber grip off so I could installed the Progrips.  Well that didn't work as the wiring is all molded into the RH grip / throttle tube assembly.  

So...is it possible to just buy a replacement RH heated grip?  I hope I don't have to buy a full new kit for $275 but I don't see any PN for just the individual LH and RH heated grips.  Does anyone have a PN for that? 

And I guess if you have heated grips you are just stuck with the grips that are on there?  Unless you want to use a wrap like Grip Puppies or the like? 

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, skeelo221 said:

I attempted to install some Progrip 714 grips to aid in the really bad handlebar vibrations I am getting.  As I have no experience with heated grips, I falsely assumed the wiring was internal and I tried to cut the outer rubber grip off so I could installed the Progrips.  Well that didn't work as the wiring is all molded into the RH grip / throttle tube assembly.

Wow, expensive lesson for sure.

I normally like a softer/tackier grip and was looking for something else as well but as you found out, the heating element is built into the grip.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Afaik, you're stuck. I used grip puppies.

Doesn't say right/left in the parts lookup I used but I'd guess the more expensive is the throttle side due to the tube. These are yocracing prices. 

(1MC-82960-00-00) GRIP, WARMER
  View    Compare
   Price  $185.99       
(1MC-82960-10-00) GRIP, WARMER
  View    Compare
   Price  $138.99   

I've got the full oem kit I removed from my bike that were used for  < 10k miles, always covered with grip puppies. I'd sell the whole shebang to you for less than that. PM if interested.

17 minutes ago, chitown said:

Afaik, you're stuck. I used grip puppies.

Doesn't say right/left in the parts lookup I used but I'd guess the more expensive is the throttle side due to the tube. These are yocracing prices. 

(1MC-82960-00-00) GRIP, WARMER
  View    Compare
   Price  $185.99       
(1MC-82960-10-00) GRIP, WARMER
  View    Compare
   Price  $138.99   

I've got the full oem kit I removed from my bike that were used for  < 10k miles, always covered with grip puppies. I'd sell the whole shebang to you for less than that. PM if interested.

Thanks!  It looks like FJR1300 standard equipment, which the connector looks the same as should work on the FJ-09. 

I sent you a PM about your set.

• 2 weeks later...