Display question

johnmark101

Kind of a dumb question but here goes...….

Reading through the owners manual about the warning / indicator lights around the sides of the display, it says that these lights should come on when the ignition key is turned on.  But, it says this after describing only a few of the lights, then goes on to describe the rest.  So it is not really clear which ones should illuminate.  Here is what I see when the key is turned on, with the exception that the engine warning light had already come on and turned off as it should.  Same with your GT???   

Display.jpg

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

Well, forty six views but no replies.

Since the owners manual is not clear on what indicators are supposed to illuminate when the key is turned on, I was trying to confirm that all of mine are working properly since some do not illuminate.  If anyone would care to check theirs to see if it is the same it would be good information.

Thanks in advance.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

5 hours ago, Clicknow said:

I just compared mine with yours,and mine is the same.

regards graham

Thanks Graham.  It may have seemed a silly question but since the manual was not clear I appreciate getting your response. 

• Thumbsup 1

10 hours ago, skipperT said:

Some of those 46 views could have been those (like myself) with older models that don’t have the new fancy display. Thus we couldn’t answer the question. 

In case you hadn’t considered that...

-Skip

Valid point Skip.  But I did post this in the GT section.  Maybe I should have put "GT display" as the title.

Cheers......John

Edited by johnmark101
  • Thumbsup 1

15 minutes ago, johnmark101 said:

Valid point Skip.  But I did post this in the GT section.  Maybe I should have put "GT display" as the title.

Cheers......John

We will still take a look to see if we can help whether or not it's in the GT section...

Those new displays sure do look nice.

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

1 hour ago, skipperT said:

Yep. Jealous!

-S

One bad thing about these displays (although they look good) is they interfere with my Garmin Zumo 550 GPS reception (old model, yes maybe that's part of it). I will have full bars on signal meter with bike off and as soon as I turn on the GT the bars go down to 3-4 bars. Have heard others say the same.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

Cheers......John

Putting 'GT' in the title would help if you need a quick answer.  People like me often click on threads in the "recent" section off to the right of the forum on a PC, and there's no indication it's in the GT section unless I go looking through the header.  In either case, it would register my view, but it's not something I'd be able to help with, unless I could find the answer online.

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/4/2019 at 10:14 PM, duhs10 said:

Those new displays sure do look nice.

But as I have observed before, much of the lettering, etc., is quite tiny and not at all easy to read, especially in bright sunshine.   Here's my display - but gotta be quick to catch it!

P1050795.JPG

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

On 9/1/2019 at 10:27 PM, johnmark101 said:

Kind of a dumb question but here goes...….

Reading through the owners manual about the warning / indicator lights around the sides of the display, it says that these lights should come on when the ignition key is turned on.  But, it says this after describing only a few of the lights, then goes on to describe the rest.  So it is not really clear which ones should illuminate.  Here is what I see when the key is turned on, with the exception that the engine warning light had already come on and turned off as it should.  Same with your GT???   

Display.jpg

All same same...

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

1 hour ago, wordsmith said:

But as I have observed before, much of the lettering, etc., is quite tiny and not at all easy to read, especially in bright sunshine. 

I live in Malta so the Mediterranean sun is also rather relentless. Just installed the Speedo Angels anti-glare dash protector and it makes a world of difference in making the dash more readable

Edited by bugie
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1