Who to Flash ECU?

I recently bought a used 2015 Yamaha FJ 09…the bike has 5500 miles and a full-race Akrapovic exhaust system (from the engine header)…other than that, the engine is stock…the bike allegedly has Ohln front shocks and an aftermarket rear shock…

I would like to “flash” the ECU for the following benefits: smoother throttle response in all three drive modes; reliability; drivability; and to tune the engine to the Akrapovic exhaust…I am not concerned with extracting all the horsepower I can…the bike has more than enough for me…I’m 73…

With those parameters in mind, who would you recommend to “flash” my ECU and why?....

Thanks, John Helms, Houston, Texas

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Jmhelms said:

I recently bought a used 2015 Yamaha FJ 09…the bike has 5500 miles and a full-race Akrapovic exhaust system (from the engine header)…other than that, the engine is stock…the bike allegedly has Ohln front shocks and an aftermarket rear shock…

I would like to “flash” the ECU for the following benefits: smoother throttle response in all three drive modes; reliability; drivability; and to tune the engine to the Akrapovic exhaust…I am not concerned with extracting all the horsepower I can…the bike has more than enough for me…I’m 73…

With those parameters in mind, who would you recommend to “flash” my ECU and why?....

Thanks, John Helms, Houston, Texas

"ECU Flash" forum search results  -  31 pages of results to read through, this should help you decide.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, koth442 said:

I've got 2 Wheel Dyno Works (2WDW) on both my GSXR and FJ09. Great service. Also, 2WDW is having a sale right now

2nd on the 2WDW flash, I had mine done back in 2016, and the bike is completely different after the flash...

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I had mine flashed by JD Hord at www.hordpower.com.  Throttle response is much smoother in A mode now,  making it useable in town (it wasn't when stock) and more fun on the open road.  JD is a great guy, who has worked on several of my bikes.  He is meticulous about quality and he likes a flat torque curve.

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise