Wiring question for anyone with a manual

firemanjim

• Premium Member
Anyone know what wire in harness is the system ground? Looking to wire in some running lights. Know what it is on Suzukis but not Yamaha.
I need a little more information to help you. There are tons of wiring harnesses. Please pick a circuit, tell me what color wires are in there, and I will help identify the ground.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 2 years later...
There are 2 blank grey colored plugs under the windshield and windshield cover...  
Do you need to use a connector to get the power, can you just push a 12 gaugue wire in there and tape it on tight?

Or buy this and maybe it will fit?

http://www.cycleterminal.com/mt-series-090.html

2 pin MT .090 - 2.3mm Male and Female locking connector

Male half only

Male MT090-2

$3.15 each

Appreciate any direction here...

FWIW - I cut the grey terminals off and simply soldered new leads onto the cut wires, then put a short length of heat-shrink tube over each joint. This powered my two (2) front conspicuity hi-viz LEDs.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived