duhg

Lunch Ride to The Scioto Ribber - Sept. 15

Ohio MSTA is taking our monthly Lunch Ride to Portsmouth, OH and The Scioto Ribber restaurant.  They serve, you guessed it, BBQ ribs along with steaks, chicken, salads, sandwiches, etc...  The Ribber opens at NOON on Sunday, so if we're early we'll look at the murals on the flood wall before lunch. 

The Scioto Ribber 1026 Gallia St, Portsmouth, OH 45662

Central Ohio riders can meet at the Portside Cafe (where we have our monthly breakfast meet) on US 23 just south of OH 665.  Gassed up and Ready to Ride at 9 am.

ribber map.PNG

2015 Matte Gray 18,562 miles  "This here fine motorcycle." - Curt Chevlen

Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise, EBC HH, Sargent, Acerbis Vision, GIVI Trekker, Roadsmart III

www.ridemsta.com

POSIWID always applies

Hmmm... The Ribber has some tasty eats! Try one of their steaks if you haven't yet. Was there a few days ago (see below)

Pencilled in and will try to get there.

KIMG0029.JPG

• Thumbsup 1

It was a beautiful day and a fun ride!  I started the day by running out of gas half way to the gas station.  A couple of miles from home I felt the sputter.  I looked down and saw 193 miles on the odometer.  I stowed my gear in the GIVI trunk and called a friend who was headed to the ride.  "Don't wait for me, I'll see you at lunch."  Before I could start walking a man stopped and asked if he could help.  He said he'd bring back gas.  Ten minutes later he arrived with his lawn mower gas.  I thanked him profusely and paid him despite his protests. ....

I was half an hour late by the time I gassed up entirely, so I took the boring express route down US 23 from Columbus to Piketon (about an hour) to make up time.  Then I jumped into my planned gps route.  This inadvertently put me well ahead of the ten riders I was supposed to be leading.  Seventeen people showed up eventually and we were scattered about the restaurant....

I should have photographed the mountain of meat I mistakenly ordered.  Nobody told me that their ribs were more like big pork chops.  I ordered 3 bones thinking it would be a lunch-sized portion.  Wrong!  I ate 1 of the three "bones."  Pat's photo above shows one of the two steak choices - you can get one or two 16 oz. ribeyes.  Everyone was happy with the restaurant.

The ride after lunch was great.  The route took curvy state routes from Portsmouth east to Rio Grande, north to OH 56 and west to Laurelville.  The only bummer was that the fruit market was closed and we got no cider...

Bikes on the after lunch ride included 2 FJ09s, a Super Tenere, a Goldwing and an SSR Buccaneer Classic 250.  In all I rode 342 miles after running out of gas.

take me to the Ribber.PNG

• Thumbsup 1

2015 Matte Gray 18,562 miles  "This here fine motorcycle." - Curt Chevlen

Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise, EBC HH, Sargent, Acerbis Vision, GIVI Trekker, Roadsmart III

www.ridemsta.com

POSIWID always applies