New GT in Tennessee

MIST

Long time (44 years) rider. Recently got the itch for something new. The Tracer GT caught my eye but all I could find within a 75 mile search radius was the base model Tracer. So I test rode and picked up a new MT 10 about a month ago. Great motorcycle, absolutely awesome power. But the power had me wanting to go "light speed" everywhere I went and the absence of hard luggage was disappointing. The sky high insurance rates was an eye popping unpleasant surprise. My bad for not inquiring prior to taking the plunge. I started to reconsider my choice and expanded my search for the Tracer GT. I found one just outside the boundaries of my previous search parameters and decided it was worth my time to take a ride and check it out. Needless to say, that was all it took.

Edited by MIST
  • Thumbsup 5

• Supporting Member

Welcome @MIST - I was going to give you a hard time about the 44 years of riding experience, but then I did the math and had the sobering realization that it’s been 46 for me.   Who knew that innocent little Honda Trail 50 would lead to this?  

Congratulations on the new GT!  I’m sure you’re going to love it.  

-Scott 

Congrats on getting the GT.  You are obviously in one of the best places in the country for enjoying a competent sport touring bike.  I try to get down that way a few times each year.

Welcome to the forum.

• Thumbsup 2

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

Greetings from Knoxville.  Where in east Tennessee are you located?  I picked up my 2015 FJ-09 in Sarasota, FL at the end if July and haven't ridden it much due to traveling.

Buddy lead me on an adventure ride down near Tellico Plains a couple of weeks ago (he had just gotten a KTM 1290 adventure) and it didn't take me long to realize I don't want to be off-road much on this thing.  Hopping some small logs and riding on some gnarly forest roads left me yearning to get back on pavement.

Let me know if you want to meet up sometime and ride (on a nice smooth surface).

5 hours ago, wmailhos said:

Greetings from Knoxville. Where in east Tennessee are you located?  I picked up my 2015 FJ-09 in Sarasota, FL.

I don't want to be off-road much on this thing.

I'm in Dandridge. Moved in to the area about 6 weeks ago from Cape Coral, FL. Been visiting and riding the eastern Tennessee, western North Carolina and northern Georgia area for several years.

I tend to stick to asphalt myself. There weren't many off road opportunities in the southwest Florida area.

• Thumbsup 1