OEM 30L top case on Tracer?

The OEM 39L top cases are on backorder. The 50L top case is bigger than I want. Yamaha has a 30L top case that is compatible with the FZ-09 and MT-10 and a few other bikes... the FZ-09 rack will also accept the 39L top case so common sense would say that the 30L would probably also fit the tracer rear rack... right? Does anyone know if it will work or not? I'm talking straight mount to rear rack, no adapters, etc. Are there any aftermarket cases that will fit the OEM rear rack without adapters or mods?

Thanks, 

Dan

Oklahoma ...  Go Sooners! 

Crickets! ... lots of views, no replies. 

I went ahead and ordered a 30L top case. My friend needs one for his FZ-09 so if I don't keep it he is going to take it off my hands and I'll wait for the 39L case. I will update this thread when it comes in (should be here in a few days). 

Dan 

• Thumbsup 1

I don't know of any top cased that will fit the Yamaha base. I put the Yamaha top case on my 2015 over a year ago and it's a really great addition, it's nice to have a place to secure your helmet.  It's pretty easy to modify the lock to take the same key as your bike. All you need is a small file to file down the brass lock pins.

fj09.jpg

The 30L top case arrived a few days ago. As mentioned before it will be going on a FZ09 if it doesn't fit my bike.

Well, we didn't know it requires a separate bracket to mount to the FZ09 so it is now ordered and should arrive on Tuesday 9/17.

So far it does fit the OEM Tracer 900 rear rack but it does not have the rear latch like the 39L or 50L cases. I'm hoping the bracket for the FZ09 will also fit the Tracer 900. If not, it wouldn't be difficult to fabricate one. Basically it is an aluminum plate with a threaded hole that a threaded knob screws into from inside the 30L case. Not as quick to remove as the latch, but not a big deal either.

I will update and add some photos if it fits later next week. 

On 9/15/2019 at 12:56 AM, TorqWrench said:

The 30L top case arrived a few days ago. As mentioned before it will be going on a FZ09 if it doesn't fit my bike.

Well, we didn't know it requires a separate bracket to mount to the FZ09 so it is now ordered and should arrive on Tuesday 9/17.

So far it does fit the OEM Tracer 900 rear rack but it does not have the rear latch like the 39L or 50L cases. I'm hoping the bracket for the FZ09 will also fit the Tracer 900. If not, it wouldn't be difficult to fabricate one. Basically it is an aluminum plate with a threaded hole that a threaded knob screws into from inside the 30L case. Not as quick to remove as the latch, but not a big deal either.

I will update and add some photos if it fits later next week. 

IT FITS!   The mounting plate for the FZ09 works on the Tracer 900 rear rack. I will take some photos and add some part numbers later. 

Some might ask "why would you want the 30L case and not the 39L?"... 

1. 39L cases are backordered

2. 30L case is available!

3. 30L case looks good on the bike (not saying the 39L doesn't)

4. 30L case is less than 1/2 the cost of the 39L case.

Thanks, 

Dan 

• Thanks 1