Cleaning the exhaust tubes?

I used a bleach based gel called Harpic Power Plus. I’m sure you’ll have something similar

Harpic Power Plus Original Household Cleaners 750ml Case of 6:...

7F73AF45-9F71-4F01-8543-40A52BB24459.jpeg

29F09788-5082-49B8-8285-CE6153389BBD.jpeg

2B1F11AD-3F42-4807-B226-A24297D6DE8D.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

7 hours ago, BBB said:

I used a bleach based gel called Harpic Power Plus. I’m sure you’ll have something similar

I found it on Amazon. I ordered the Autosol already. I will try it first and post pictures of the results. Your pics look awesome though.

1 hour ago, Ahmed said:

I found it on Amazon. I ordered the Autosol already. I will try it first and post pictures of the results. Your pics look awesome though.

To be honest though I'm not sure I'd bother again.  The pipes are now back to brown/yellow again after a seasons riding and I'm not prepared to go through polishing them again, unless I decide to sell at some point.

Just ride the bike instead as from the seated position you can't see the pipes! 😁

CS

• Thumbsup 3

The easiest (but most messy way to do it is to stick a polishing mop on a low speed drill.

Dab some autosol on the exhaust and let it polish away. You will need to put some cardboard behind the downpipes though as it will fling it like crazy. And wear safety glasses.

fe48d603-9679-42ed-9fa2-d440e3f89f09.JPG

5 hours ago, captainscarlet said:

Just ride the bike instead as from the seated position you can't see the pipes! 😁

It sounds like a good idea 😉

I am not selling any time soon. I will clean it once when the autosol arrives just to feel that I can do it later if I need to. 😁

• Thumbsup 1

26 minutes ago, daboo said:

I thought this was a FJ-09 Tracer forum, not a Harley forum.  🙄

We do see the words "bagster" and "sargent seat" thrown around a lot so it was inevitable cleaning the tubes would show up at some point 🤣

Next one will be sidecar

Edited by bugie