Cleaning the exhaust tubes?

2 hours ago, bugie said:

We do see the words "bagster" and "sargent seat" thrown around a lot so it was inevitable cleaning the tubes would show up at some point 🤣

Next one will be sidecar

Haven't seen 'oils' mentioned for a while...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

On 9/11/2019 at 3:18 PM, daboo said:

I thought this was a FJ-09 Tracer forum, not a Harley forum.  🙄

I see your point. FJ/tracer is a unique though. Some customize and ride their FJ as an adventure, some use it as touring and commute while some use it as sports bike. You don't care if its clean if you ride as adventure. I ride and customize my bike as touring. I should have changed the title and add "not for adventure folks" 😜

• 3 weeks later...

Good info. While I don’t polish the pipes weekly it’s a good project on a non riding day. When my FZ1 was new and the header really shined I pulled into a gathering of Harley friends and the header did get noticed and commented upon, in a positive way. 

I use one of those green abrasive scrub pads for cleaning your pots and pans mixed with some citris degreaser.  You can wrap the little pad around the pipe and pull it back and forth to get all around the pipes.  Haven't polished them yet but it sounds like a winter project to me.

us-220-heavy-duty-scour-pad-1-pk-ip1-jpg.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thumbs up for the Harpic approach, works a treat both on the headers and the big collector box where the pipe exits.

I use the plastic scourers, and you can get the foam backed ones in packs very cheaply. Finish with Solvol Autosol for a better shine.