Got to spend some time on a BMW 850

Stinky

45 minutes ago, ZigMerid said:

Gotcha. No big. I was mainly thinking you might have had a unicorn BMW that I'd never heard off, but you clarified that.

I'm still in the Tracer camp with no chance of a BMW in my future, though I've had them in the past.

Ditto all of the above!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

1 hour ago, ZigMerid said:

Gotcha. No big. I was mainly thinking you might have had a unicorn BMW that I'd never heard off, but you clarified that.

I'm still in the Tracer camp with no chance of a BMW in my future, though I've had them in the past.

I hear you brother!!! The fast BMW guy who rode my Tracer said it was the first time he had ever ridden a Yamaha. He was pretty impressed. I liked many things about the BMW. My two concerns in owning that bike 1) WA (Wife Approval) 2) Service - In southeast Asia if you break down in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam not much of a chance to get the BMW fixed. 3) Price - The BMW is a great machine but it cost $4,500 more than my Tracer. See #1 to compound this reason.

That being said....if i was going to do more adventure biking on dirt roads and trails, it would be tough to stay away from the BMW 850 at any price.

Good luck to you...and I'll keep an eye out for the unicorn BMW:)

• Thumbsup 1