What is the light blue light on the display at 127km/hr?

Stinky

On my first long trip on the 2019 Tracer GT I noticed that a turquoise blue light comes on at 127km/hr in 6th gear.  It is on the middle right side of the display. It stays on from 127km/hr and up. It disappears at 126km/hr.  I have not seen it come on any other time. I did not see any writing or letters on the light. And to be honest at 127...I can't exactly fixate on a tiny light to try and see what symbol it is.

Does anyone know what that thing is or does??

6 hours ago, Stinky said:

bugie is correct. It only comes on in 6th gear and always at 127. Maybe my Tracer has 7 gears???? I'll adjust the settings and see if it changes. Thanks guys.

You can easily hit 127 in 2nd gear. At 127kph in 6th gear what revs are you at? In the other gears take your bike past that rev range and it should light up too 

43 minutes ago, bugie said:

You can easily hit 127 in 2nd gear. At 127kph in 6th gear what revs are you at? In the other gears take your bike past that rev range and it should light up too 

At 127 kph in 6th gear I am running about 5,500 RPM or so (maybe a little more). It seems funny that a shift indicator would come on in 6th gear.....unless there is a 7th gear I have not found yet?

I also have not noticed the light coming on any other time but at spirited freeway speeds.

Pretty weird, I know.

On 9/11/2019 at 12:32 PM, vincep said:

I am guessing that is where he has it set for RPM and it equals 127km/h.

You can go into the settings and adjust it.

You can set the shift indicator to a specific RPM on an FJ 09????

Did I miss this in the manual?

cb

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
19 minutes ago, nhchris said:

You can set the shift indicator to a specific RPM on an FJ 09????

Did I miss this in the manual?

cb

Its more than likely only for the GT with the TFT screen.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2019 at 6:39 AM, bugie said:

You mean the gear shift light indicator? That comes on when you are at high revs and it is telling you to change gear. 

Can't see why it is coming on at 127kph in 6th gear though

Yeah, it comes on in every gear, it's just a light that illuminates when RPM's are higher than the set point.  It comes on in 6th gear as well, as silly as that is.  After all, the E CU knows what gear the bike's in, could disable the shift indicator in 6th, but whatever.

And, for reference, @betoney is correct - this is a function of the GT's TFT dash.  

@Stinky - I'm sure you've figured this out by now, but 5000rpm is the default setting, so that sounds right.  Note that you can change the brightness of that light (Shift IND Brightness), you can disable it entirely (IND Mode: Off) or make it flash rapidly (IND Mode: Flash).  

I like Flash, personally, but only when the RPM level is set high - I set mine at 8k - so I don't have the light bugging me at regular highway speeds.   Flash makes it pretty noticeable, so you want it high enough that it's only going to come on when you're really "On It".  After all, you can set the Tach bar color change setpoints for "regular" shift indicators if you want.  

2019-10-26 20.51.14.jpg

2019-10-26 20.51.42.jpg

2019-10-26 20.51.30.jpg

• Thanks 1