7 States - 10 Days - 4,100 Miles

betoney

• Supporting Member

On Labor Day I headed South from Olympia, Wa to my buddies place in Bend, Or, the beginning of a 10 day ride. 

From Washington I rode into Oregon, met up with my buddy and we rode through Nevada, across Southern Utah, spent 3 days in Colorado, then North through the Tetons in Wyoming, across Idaho where we split up and went our separate directions back home, where I continued from Idaho back across Washington. 

We encountered all weather conditions except snow.  Heavy rain and hail near Telluride, Colorado, 100+ temperatures through Utah, dense, freezing fog from Sun Valley through Stanley and across the Sawtooth Range in Idaho.  At one point, heading from Flaming Gorge Utah up North into Wyoming, the skies turned black, the temperatures dropped to 46 degrees and the wind and rain started blowing sideways.  We were out in the middle of nowhere, no shelter or anyplace to pull off and had about a 90 minute ride to the hotel in the most torrential downpour I have ever encountered. - NOT fun!!

Riding 4,100 miles over 10 straight days, 3 bike options were absolutely essential to me, cruise control, custom suspension and a custom built seat.  We rode over various pavement conditions, from pristine to questionable as well as long highway stretches to long, fast flowing sweepers and tighter twisties in the mountains and canyons.  The suspension was plush on the highways and controlled in the fast sweepers and twisties to allow very aggressive riding at times.  When I got home, I realized that I just spent 10 days on this custom seat and my ass is the one thing that doesn't hurt!  I cant say the same for my back, shoulders and knees.

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

Edited by betoney
  • Thumbsup 5
  • Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

@betoney - And... your thoughts on Utah?  

Scott, I loved Utah.  We rode across Dixie NF from Cedar City through Escalante then up through Hanksville.  We also rode 127 from Moab through Dewey to I-70.  After coming back from Colorado we rode from Vernal, North through Flaming Gorge on 191, all of it was phenomenal and well worth the wait.  

However Colorado was equally as impressive.  The Million Dollar Highway and 550 from Ouray to Durango is a ride that nobody should miss - during the 3 days that we were in Colorado I rode it back and forth 4 times... 😎 

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

+1 on all above comments kid!

Whose cruise do ya use?

Windscreen?

I have the same fastest red...

The screen is from a GEN II FZ1, I had it left over from my previous bike. I like the size and shape so I decided to modify it to fit the FJ. 

For cruise control I use MCCruise with the Super Tenere control pod for a factory look.  It works fantastic. 

• Premium Member

Thanks

The McCruise is pricey, more so with their Super T harness + buying the Super T left pod (what year?), but I'm leaning that way over the Tuneboy; which while tiny, and easy to install has limited features and I'm not sure if it will effect my already flashed ECU...