Finally decided, so here I am!!

armor11

So today I finally made my decision. A new FJ-09 in matte grey is in my near future. I have had many bikes from a variety of dual purpose bikes to a HD Vrod and everything in between. Right now I have a 2012 GSX600R in the garage, love that bike. My son is running the same bike, so there is always a little bit of competition when we ride :).... But I got the approval to add to the garage. So the choice was between the FJ and a Aprilia Tuono V4. Ya, I know two really different bikes. But both amazing in their own way. But realizing that I want to get into more touring and camping I thought the FJ is the way to go. Can't go wrong with the ease of maintenance and the reliability of the FJ compare to the Tuono either. But then the boss said...... by both!! I love my wife :) Only getting the FJ!! BTW, I am the southern interior of BC, lots of great roads to explore. 

Cheers to all
Stan

Guest eatpasta
So today I finally made my decision. A new FJ-09 in matte grey is in my near future. I have had many bikes from a variety of dual purpose bikes to a HD Vrod and everything in between. Right now I have a 2012 GSX600R in the garage, love that bike. My son is running the same bike, so there is always a little bit of competition when we ride :).... But I got the approval to add to the garage. So the choice was between the FJ and a Aprilia Tuono V4. Ya, I know two really different bikes. But both amazing in their own way. But realizing that I want to get into more touring and camping I thought the FJ is the way to go. Can't go wrong with the ease of maintenance and the reliability of the FJ compare to the Tuono either. But then the boss said...... by both!! I love my wife :) Only getting the FJ!! BTW, I am the southern interior of BC, lots of great roads to explore.  
Cheers to all
Stan
awesome!  Sounds like you have quite an extensive bike background which is perfect for this site.  We seem to be quite an incredibly eclectic mix of bikers as this FJ seems to draw people from all facets of our wonderful world of bikers.
     I had the chance to test ride a V Rod once.  Incredible engine but I scraped the pegs turning out of the dealership and as a result instantly realized the bike would be essentially worthless to me as I had already found the limits of its cornering clearance before the test ride had even started....

nono_zps3fwghmtk.gif

so I guess then I need one of these?

roehr_1250_01.jpghttp:roehr_1250_01.jpg

either way - welcome to the site!!!

Archived