Hello Folks

SortedGT

Evening all.

Just registered for this fine place as yesterday I agreed terms on a 2019 Tracer GT900 from a dealer in Wigan. I currently own a fine K1300s but have been looking to trade the bike in for a smaller sports tourer and the Tracer GT seems to fit the bill nicely. I've been riding since 2005 and since then have owned a Honda VFR800Fi1 (I still own this bike, it's my first big bike and can't bring myself to sell it), VFR800 VTEC (VTEC kicking in!) traded for my first and only ever brand new bike a Kawasaki Versys 1000ACF and then in 2017 my first ever hyper-bike the 2013 K1300s. What a machine it is too. But now in my 50s it's time to slow down a wee bit and smell the roses, hence going for the Tracer GT. I've never owned a Yamaha or a triple so I'm really looking forward to the new bike which I collect this Sunday. I'll be riding the K1300 down to Wigan for the last time from my home in Perthshire Scotland and then the 250 mile test-ride home, which should be a blast.

Wish me luck and I look forward to adding what I can to this place. Ride safe and have fun.

John. 788999197_Tracer900GT.thumb.jpg.498ebae662eb4152fb56e48b39b7a7fe.jpg

P.S. Not sure if the previous owner was a member of this forum? But it he, is I'd just like to thank him for equipping the bike so well with so many choice parts which make the bike that much more special which all good motorcycles are. Thanks fella, I'll take good care of the bike and ride it like deserves to be ridden!

Edited by SortedGT
typo
  • Thumbsup 4

Good luck with the new GT, sorted - it looks good (same as mine actually).   I too transferred from a BMW - getting too big and heavy for my ageing frame - to a Gen1 Tracer, now the newer GT, and have never looked back.   Enjoy!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, SortedGT said:

But now in my 50s it's time to slow down a wee bit and smell the roses, hence going for the Tracer GT. 

Don’t age yourself so prematurely, there’s nothing to say that those of us in our 50’s need to slow down, especially on the Tracer.  The bike definitely leans more to the SPORT side of sport touring and many of us on this forum ride her accordingly. 😎

• Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
17 minutes ago, betoney said:

Don’t age yourself so prematurely, there’s nothing to say that those of us in our 50’s need to slow down, especially on the Tracer.  The bike definitely leans more to the SPORT side of sport touring and many of us on this forum ride her accordingly. 😎

Preach it, Brother @betoney!  :) 

@SortedGT - Congrats on the new bike...  I’m sure you’re going to love it.  As a former VFR owner myself, I think you'll find yourself right at home on the Tracer.   Spiritually similar, but with a different personality.  There’s just enough unrefined hooligan in the Tracer to keep things interesting, and the CP3 triple is an absolute gem. 

Enjoy, and we look forward to hearing your opinions. 

-Scott 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of good info here. I got my T9 from Yamaha Wigan, good lads I reckon.. The problem you'll find with your new bike is... it won't slow you down. well maybe in a straight line. These bikes seem to encourage speedy riding due to the sound's it makes when twisting. I'm 52 and it ain't improved my behaviour.

Great chose, enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening folks. Thanks all for the warm welcome and kind words which are greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry for not posting until now, but needless to say all went well with the test-ride home from Wigan. I'll away and type up my thoughts on the bike and post them up laters.