Pannier Liner bags

CumuloNimbus

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANNIER-LINER-BAGS-FOR-YAMAHA-TRACER-900GT-TRACER-900GT-CITY-TRACER-900GT-2019/193081792951?hash=item2cf49259b7:g:X1wAAOSwFcJdb~Fo

Used these bags inside my GT panniers today.  Very pleased with them so far.  Seem well made, come flat as there are two main zips on each side.  There are some rubbery feet and an adjustable carrying strap.  There's a zipped document type pocket on one side and a similar folder pocket on the inside.  They fit well inside the pannier and go behind the X straps.

Good value for less that £30.

IMG_1359 copy.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

40 minutes ago, flyfifer said:

Can you get more in the panniers using these bags --- than trying to fill the pannier on the bike ??

No but they do make it easier to load and make carrying things to room/tent easier since you don't have the weight of the hard cases to lug around. They reduce capacity a bit because they take up space and IME can lead to over-packing because they expand when over-stuffed. But if you're not that type they may make sense for you.

I actually don't need everything out of my cases at most stops (eg tools should be stored at the bottom of side cases for better center of gravity and they don't need to come out at evening stops).  Went with another option -- ripstop nylon bags (Aerostich LP Bags in my case). EG I typically have 2-3 of these bags in each case and only need to take one or two off the bike in the evening. 

I have been using a system that Chitown describes in a previous post. Everything I will need in the tent packed in the pannier liner to be easily put in the tent when it goes up. Other stuff packed in three or four smaller bags in left pannier to be used if needed. If we are stopping at a campsite for a few nights panniers can be left at site and a small bag of tools lifted into the topbox in cace its neede out on a run. I do like the pannier bag.

The Shad 36 pannier liner this summer contained

Sleeping bag, sheet liner, Air matress, inflatable pillow, 1 pr. trousers, 2 tee shirts 2pr. boxers, 2pr socks, long sleve top,1pr. shorts sun hat,  washing up bag, 2 lightweight camping towels, torch, kindle and a pair of canvas shoes. I then managed to squeeze in a couple of muisili bars and a 250ml bottle of water in case I had the munchies in the morning.

• Thumbsup 1

The Yamaha pannier liner bags from my previous FJR1300 fit the Tracer. They are convenient in that you just need to grab one bag out of the pannier rather than multiple items. However; the liner bags themselves take up a bit of space so have ditched them and now use multiple mesh bags from Kathmandu (camping store) and can fit a lot more. 

The cheap-as-chips supermarket recycled-material bags are ideal, a good size and fit, strongly made, have handles, albeit an open top, but are very cheap at about $2.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

20 hours ago, flyfifer said:

So Chitown have you actually got the bags as flagged up by the OP?

I am well aware of the problems/benefits? of using multiple bags in the Panniers.

Similar design from a different ebay seller. Returned for refund after some test packing.