Retract CCT

keithu

• Supporting Member
17 hours ago, Seetth said:

I did that but seems I will have to replace the tensioner I wonder if anyone try this one 
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Black-Manual-Tensioner-Yamaha-Tracer/dp/B07DFGJNCK/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_es_US=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=fj09+Cam+Chain+Tensioner&qid=1593594753&sr=8-2

I just dont want to end making the issue a big trouble instead fixing it, APE dont send stuff to my country sadly.

It should have an o-ring type seal inside. Ask the seller before ordering.

tensioner3.jpg

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

19 hours ago, Seetth said:

I did that but seems I will have to replace the tensioner I wonder if anyone try this one 
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Black-Manual-Tensioner-Yamaha-Tracer/dp/B07DFGJNCK/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_es_US=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=fj09+Cam+Chain+Tensioner&qid=1593594753&sr=8-2

I just dont want to end making the issue a big trouble instead fixing it, APE dont send stuff to my country sadly.

If your concerned about it at all, install the updated kit from Yamaha - which should include a new bolt for the RH rear of the valve cover (depending on your engine/frame number and year). You’ll need to order the gasket separately  

I haven’t seen one of the updated ones fail yet... The kit is around $100 CAD IIRC.

-Skip

• Thumbsup 1

13 hours ago, skipperT said:

If your concerned about it at all, install the updated kit from Yamaha - which should include a new bolt for the RH rear of the valve cover (depending on your engine/frame number and year). You’ll need to order the gasket separately  

I haven’t seen one of the updated ones fail yet... The kit is around $100 CAD IIRC.

-Skip

I hear the chain noise now thats why I have this issue in my head, here on my country yamaha service is bad as hell for sure they wont even know about this, by any chance you have the part number of the updated one?

I do, but there’s 2 different part numbers for the kits.  what year is your bike?
You’ll need to do your own research before ordering and installing to MAKE SURE that you get the correct kit for your engine, as I don’t have access to when Yamaha changed the oil passages to the tensioner in your part of the world, and I wouldn’t want to take a chance on making a mistake if it were me. (Cyl head/crankcase oil passages were changed...) 
you could also PM me your VIN and your engine number if a dealer won’t/can’t confirm and I’ll see what I can find out, but again no promises. I simply don’t have access to “across the world info” that Yamaha would have in your country. 
YMMV,

-Skip 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member

My dealer told me my bike has the 3rd (or was it 4th) version installed.  So, at least three.

Sometimes it does rattle fairly audibly - but it goes away again.  Not a concern for me.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount