FJR bags on FJ

I am still waiting for the hard bag mounts from YOC racing. They were due to be shipped from Yamaha on 1st of April, now 1st of May. Hope it's not indefinite. I am pretty sure I could have some fabricated in a day for a fraction of the price if needs be...

Same with me. I ordered the hard bag mounts from YOC racing April, 5th. First the told me they will be shipped from Yamaha 1st. of May. Yesterday I got an email, that tells me, shipping date was postponed to 21st. of Mai :-(. Does anybody here knows an alternative dealer to get the parts earlier?

My Saddlebag mounts have just arrived from America. They are some serious pieces of metal - much bigger and heavier than I thought. The whole foot pedal assembly needs to come off and then goes back on top of the mounts. Then there's another bar that links them.

What's shown above is a much better and cheaper system. It'll also be a lot easier to install.

I wish I'd waited and gone for them instead.

The instructions for the original mounts also says that it's not suitable for European bikes due to instability above 80mph. Maybe that's why US bikes are restricted? 

That 80mph warning was on every accessory I bought for Tiger 800XC.  Yeah cause OEM foglight caused so much drag that the bike was unstable above 80mph........I commuted sometime at 85mph on highway with no issues.  It's just a lawsuit prevention jargon they put on to cover themselves.  Take it for what it's worth.

Also, I often do most of my riding on the backroad and I rarely do any speed anywhere near 80mph and my work requires me to drive at sane speed so I seldom ride at crazy speed....

For those of youse who are on the fence about buying either the FJR bag or the FJ bag, you can purchase set of unpainted FJR bags for the price of FJ bag (Painted ones are too damn expensive).  Unpainted FJR bags actually have two tone colors. Base of the bag is plain unpainted black plastic just like FJ bags and the lid has matte sheen to it.  I think it actually blends in nicely with rest of the bike.  I have a red FJ and set of unpainted FJR bags and it looks great! So whether you have a grey or a red fj, you can't go wrong. 
You just gotta get in line for the lower mounts like I am!

For those of youse who are on the fence about buying either the FJR bag or the FJ bag, you can purchase set of unpainted FJR bags for the price of FJ bag (Painted ones are too damn expensive).  Unpainted FJR bags actually have two tone colors. Base of the bag is plain unpainted black plastic just like FJ bags and the lid has matte sheen to it.  I think it actually blends in nicely with rest of the bike.  I have a red FJ and set of unpainted FJR bags and it looks great! So whether you have a grey or a red fj, you can't go wrong.  You just gotta get in line for the lower mounts like I am!

Pics, or a link?

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

For those of youse who are on the fence about buying either the FJR bag or the FJ bag, you can purchase set of unpainted FJR bags for the price of FJ bag (Painted ones are too damn expensive).  Unpainted FJR bags actually have two tone colors. Base of the bag is plain unpainted black plastic just like FJ bags and the lid has matte sheen to it.  I think it actually blends in nicely with rest of the bike.  I have a red FJ and set of unpainted FJR bags and it looks great! So whether you have a grey or a red fj, you can't go wrong.  You just gotta get in line for the lower mounts like I am!
Pics, or a link? 
Ty

Tried a search already..? If not...here's one example... ;) ...: http://fj-09.org/thread/1010/farkling

• Premium Member
Pics, or a link? 
Ty

Tried a search already..? If not...here's one example... ;) ...: http://fj-09.org/thread/1010/farkling

Yep, your thread is why I ordered the FJR bags(looks great!). I am a little bummed though. I just got back from the dealer. They told me they would have everything 2 days ago, and now I found out mounts are on backorder till May 21st and the left bag till June 26th! I thought the FJR bags would be easier to get than the FJ. Guess I am in the same boat as everyone else. :'(  I did get the right bag and lock set. Whoop-t-do.  
Jon