FJR bags on FJ

My bag plan has now blown up in my face and I'm not sure what I plan to do. None of the painted bags look right with the matte grey and I was really looking forward to having everything keyed to the ignition and being able to fit helmets in the side case. I also don't like the plumbing required for the aftermarket bags... Grr... >:( I should have just spent the money up front instead of waiting. This is what I get for being "responsible".

• 2 weeks later...
I was really looking forward to having everything keyed to the ignition and being able to fit helmets in the side case

Hello, are you sure that a helmet can fit in fjr bags? From what I have read, they are not big enough

I was really looking forward to having everything keyed to the ignition and being able to fit helmets in the side case
Hello, are you sure that a helmet can fit in fjr bags? From what I have read, they are not big enough
I can fit my Shoei full face helmets in the FJR hard bags no problem. 

xcsp beat me to it. I can't confirm yet from experience but I will be able to soon. I just bought some FJR bags off eBay. Everything I've read says the FJR bags will fit a helmet. The FJ-09 city bags will not.

I can fit my Shoei full face helmets in the FJR hard bags no problem.
What size are your helmets? I have a Shoei RF-1100 (Medium size). Will it fit in the bags?

So I finally got a call back from Corporate. He said (oddly enough) that the FJR bags are manufactured in Europe and that they have definitely been disco'd. I told him how popular these are and he warned me about loading weight, blah, blah, and I said something along the lines of, "maybe they'll be popular for the FJR if they were available again." Anyways, no more. I'm kinda deflated; I've been looking for them for months. Now to shop for some Shad or Givi.

What pisses me off is that the wife's Versys 650 was almost $4k cheaper and came with matched bags that hold my large HJC with a Sena 20S no prob.  Yamaha has a serious accessories problem.

So I finally got a call back from Corporate. He said (oddly enough) that the FJR bags are manufactured in Europe and that they have definitely been disco'd. I told him how popular these are and he warned me about loading weight, blah, blah, and I said something along the lines of, "maybe they'll be popular for the FJR if they were available again." Anyways, no more. I'm kinda deflated; I've been looking for them for months. Now to shop for some Shad or Givi. 
What pisses me off is that the wife's Versys 650 was almost $4k cheaper and came with matched bags that hold my large HJC with a Sena 20S no prob.  Yamaha has a serious accessories problem.
It has been well established that Yamaha has accessory delivery issues. I found some used FJR bags on eBay. I plan to repaint them matte to match the bike. I could probably get them professionally painted at a body shop and still be money ahead.

It has been well established that Yamaha has accessory delivery issues. I found some used FJR bags on eBay. I plan to repaint them matte to match the bike. I could probably get them professionally painted at a body shop and still be money ahead.
So, you're saying you can no longer order the yamaha FJR sidebags? If so, that sucks.  After a week or so of research I just decided to go with that option for the FJ9.  I'll try to order through a few dealers this week and see what they say.

So, you're saying you can no longer order the yamaha FJR sidebags? If so, that sucks.  After a week or so of research I just decided to go with that option for the FJ9.  I'll try to order through a few dealers this week and see what they say.
To clarify, you can no longer order the "unpainted" FJR bags.  The unpainted match the Matte Grey color really well as it is black plastic.  All the painted ones are gloss coat so they do not go well with the matte paint.  As far as I know, you can still order the painted ones that match the red bike.  Yamaha's only out to screw the Matte Grey FJ-09 riders.  Lol.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
To clarify, you can no longer order the "unpainted" FJR bags.  The unpainted match the Matte Grey color really well as it is black plastic.  All the painted ones are gloss coat so they do not go well with the matte paint.  As far as I know, you can still order the painted ones that match the red bike.  Yamaha's only out to screw the Matte Grey FJ-09 riders.  Lol.
It appears Bike Bandit has a set of unpainted FJR bags. I have them in my cart and I just called sales and he said they had them. (otherwise it would note unable to ship) Part Number: 3009164 left
Part Number: 3009165 right

I found localy a new dark charcoal set with liners for $450. It is not a perfect match, but for the price it will have to work. Just waiting on the lower mount and locks to be delivered.
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa112/fatpopdad/extra/IMG_4651_zps52kerqiy.jpg

Jon