Trade In Quotes

tinkerfreak

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, gv550 said:

I have hand and wrist issues as well (arthritis) and recently traded my Tracer for a DCT.

I recently had a discussion with a rider who owns a Goldwing with DCT and he absolutely loved everything about it.  I would love to take one out for a test ride.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 minutes ago, betoney said:

I recently had a discussion with a rider who owns a Goldwing with DCT and he absolutely loved everything about it.  I would love to take one out for a test ride.

I agree completely, my DCT after 6000 kms of wrist-pain-free riding.

879B501A-A58D-4182-BEFA-EB2E05B7D5EE.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

13 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Wrist issues are a real bitch soft tissue damage occult fractures dislocations

I feel for you

You can always get a up down speed shifter or better a rekluse clutch that'd be trick

I looked at the original and read about the new AT but it's really tall and you end up farkling the hell out of it too

What's your mileage in MPG?

A flash definitely is it desirable

I just turned over 33,000 miles and my mileage has gone up I guess the damn thing finally is worn in, I don't like the term broken in LOL

That works out to roughly 51 mp US gallon and 61 mp an IMP gallon.

Cheers

Edited by tinkerfreak

16 hours ago, betoney said:

I’ve ridden several, it’s an experience. Slightly throat-ier exhaust sound, different front end, and an even lower CG, plus DCT   with drive modes, CarPlay, and a complete re-design. 

They’re amazing bikes. I’ll own one someday. My wife and daughter prefer riding on the back of a Wing over the FJ..

(sad face)

-Skip

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Pretty normal sounding offer from a dealer... Even with cars they generally give you about 60-70% (tops) of what its worth privately. They have rent and employees to pay, so they need to make a buck of course.

The upside is 'hassle-free', but also that the $4600 lowers the purchase price of your AT, so you'd save about $600 in taxes (13% Ontario) on the trade in, meaning the real offer is actually about $5200.

Still, if you sell privately, you should easily get $7-8k for what you listed, but as someone who bought a used FJ09, let me tell you, I saw those bikes posted for a LONG time before selling. Most people don't even know this bike exists so its not on their radar. 

Edited by Husqy