Tracer GT Sargent Seats

quaxum

1 hour ago, quaxum said:

Sargent just released their iteration for the GT seats

Thoughts?

Impressive sales 'brochure'.   Looks good, in theory should work well.   But pricey, = AUD$815, plus shipping.  

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

4 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

Been a long time coming.  Pre ordered mine September 3rd.  Had good luck with their seats on my VFR and Ninja 1000.

Yea had good experience with them on my previous bike as well let us know what u think once its here?

9 hours ago, quaxum said:

Sargent just released their iteration for the GT seats

Thoughts?

I had a Sargent on my FJ-09, and it wasn’t compatible with my skinny, bony butt. I kept it for about 6 months before selling it and going a different direction. It’s a great looking saddle, though!

• Like 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

I have the first one. (They used my bike to design it). What they've done is adapted an FJ-09 pan to fit the Tracer. It's way more comfortable than stock, but IMHO, it still slants too far forward. 

With the front set on high and the back set in the low position, it was pretty good. I rode it from Florida to Arkansas and back, with a few days riding the Ozarks in between, with no issues. I'm happy with the comfort, but only by tilting the seat back.

2003 ST1300A,  2017 PCX-150,  2019 Tracer 900 GT

I've got one coming.  How does one set "the back in the low position"?  I'm only familiar with a high & low setting which involves moving the plastic piece forward/reward & selecting the upper or lower front tongue position.  Educate me.

Edited by R.C.

I think there are other posts about it, but, keep the plastic piece forward for low, put the front tab of the seat into the upper hole, but don't push it all the way forward. Lock the back of the front seat into the rear, lower hole. It levels it considerably, but the front is not particularly stable.

2003 ST1300A,  2017 PCX-150,  2019 Tracer 900 GT

I had spoken with them and a couple times during development and emphasized the need to fix the forward slant of the seat.  Told them this was an issue with many owners.   Disappointing to learn that this issue still exists with their new seat.  Still, I am looking forward to getting mine as the stock seat was a bit uncomfortable on my last three day trip.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I sent an enquiry to Sargent UK re price and availability  (their site still shows the seat in development) and got this reply today --

actually, the seat has only just gone up on the USA website - they aren't actually shipping units yet, just taking pre-orders.
It will most likely be the end of October before we receive some stock.
In the meantime, as soon as we have pricing confirmed, we will put the seat up onto our website for purchase -

Edited by flyfifer
  • Thumbsup 1

19 hours ago, flyfifer said:

stgolfer sez Sargent have not completely addressed the slope issue ---- see above.

The comment and pic on the non GT section is extremely relevant.

Here is the thread (page 4 has pics of the seat on johnmark1's GT: