Tracer GT Sargent Seats

quaxum

At the risk of sounding like a cracked record (nobody under 50 will know what I'm talking about!) and/ or someone in their pay, let me suggest and recommend the BAGSTER seats from France.   I await my just-ordered GT seats from them, and this will be my third or fourth such purchase for a Tracer.   True - they are not 'custom' in the sense that one can visit the factory/ workshop and be measured and assessed and fitted on-the-spot by the seat-builder, which is what I believe some after-market seat-makers offer.   Clearly, this might be the ultimate made-to-measure offer.

But BAGSTER seats are beautifully and flawlessy made, and can be fully customisable in terms of your preference for any of a wide range of elements,  including the all-important seat foams, as well as the covering materials in over 70 colours and types of finish; colour and type of stitching; decorative embroidery; height; gel and heated options, etc.   They are not cheap - landed here in Oz, about AUD$450 to $550 depending.   But worth every cent IMHO.

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Just now, flyfifer said:

We await your review with great anticipation 😁

I await the seat itself with great anticipation.😎

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

4 hours ago, whistler said:

If you to do send out your OEM seat, JohnMark, let me know and I'll loan you my OEM seat and pillion to use while you get your's customized.  You'll need to keep your OEM rider seat bracket, though, as mine is installed on my Sargent.  If you don't mind paying for shipping from Maryland, you're welcome to use it.  Lemme know...

What a generous offer.  Thank you Whistler.  However if I do send my seat out it would be during January or February when it is too cold to ride.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member
44 minutes ago, johnmark101 said:

What a generous offer.  Thank you Whistler.  However if I do send my seat out it would be during January or February when it is too cold to ride.

No worries, Dude.  If it turns out you do need it, the offer stands.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

On 10/10/2019 at 10:52 PM, flyfifer said:

Who sent the original seat to Sargent ?

The guy below did.Thats using the original tracer gt's seat pan.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:35 PM, quaxum said:

Also, dk if anyone noticed. this seems to be their ori version of the seat. It looks like its better optimized for the GT. dk why they changed the design. Anyone can talk to sargent about it?

Pic is not mine. Saw it on Tracer Gt Thread on ADVrider i think. Credits to the owner.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-05 at 12.16.04.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-05 at 12.15.40.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-05 at 12.15.22.jpeg

Edited by quaxum

• Premium Member

Sargent has a sale this weekend.  Took $49 off my order, ($329.99 down to $280.46)   Free ground shipping, no tax to NY.  ;D

DISCOVER19    is the discount code.

My boys are looking forward to not sliding into the tank...

Rob

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I have one of the first Sargents and I’d give it a 9/10 for everyday riding and a 5/10 for twisties. 
I took a 600 mile ride last Saturday and Sunday to the mountains. The ride up there and back was wonderful. I never felt the need to shift around while slabbing up and back. Once in the curvy roads is a different story though. Each time I’d slow to set up for a turn, I’d slide right up every time. Granted a part of that is the material they use vs the OEM material is “slicker” with my Roadcrafter. It wasn’t horrible once I got used to it but annoying nonetheless. 
I’ve reached out to Sargent and my contact there said they had heard similar from others already and to give him a week and he might have a solution. I’m in agreement with another that if they add 1/2” to the front, it will be much better, creating a pocket of sorts. 

Here’s a picture of mine. 

BF8EF1DB-597B-4B63-8760-B324CD4DCC8B.jpeg

Edited by 3sum

16 hours ago, 3sum said:

I have one of the first Sargents and I’d give it a 9/10 for everyday riding and a 5/10 for twisties. 
I took a 600 mile ride last Saturday and Sunday to the mountains. The ride up there and back was wonderful. I never felt the need to shift around while slabbing up and back. Once in the curvy roads is a different story though. Each time I’d slow to set up for a turn, I’d slide right up every time. Granted a part of that is the material they use vs the OEM material is “slicker” with my Roadcrafter. It wasn’t horrible once I got used to it but annoying nonetheless. 
I’ve reached out to Sargent and my contact there said they had heard similar from others already and to give him a week and he might have a solution. I’m in agreement with another that if they add 1/2” to the front, it will be much better, creating a pocket of sorts. 

Here’s a picture of mine. 

BF8EF1DB-597B-4B63-8760-B324CD4DCC8B.jpeg

hi @3sum

will be waiting for your updates. we are holding out horses to place orders for now.

We hope sargent revises the seat for a better fit.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I’m going to reach out them Wednesday or Thursday to see what, if anything, has been talked about down there. 

On 10/13/2019 at 1:32 PM, motopumps said:

Sargent has a sale this weekend.  Took $49 off my order, ($329.99 down to $280.46)   Free ground shipping, no tax to NY.  ;D

DISCOVER19    is the discount code.

My boys are looking forward to not sliding into the tank...

Rob

Hey Rob

Did you order a GT seat or standard FJ seat?

Someone on here mentioned that Sargent was halting the sale of the GT seat while they addressed the fitment issues.

Cheers,

Rob

• Premium Member

I sent an email this morning to the person I’ve spoken to since the beginning of all of this. I’m waiting to hear back from him. 

• Thumbsup 2