FJR Footpegs

CumuloNimbus

My dealer fitted the optional black billet touring pegs from new.  https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/accessories/accessories-overview/billet-touring-foot-pegs-rider-2pp-frfpg-10-00/2pp-frfpg-00-00/

Whilst they are okay and probably better than the standard pegs, I didn't like the fact there are no hero blobs/lean angle indicators with them, no holes to screw them into.  As I don't want the centre stand to tell me I've gone far enough, I've just fitted the FJR ebay specials.  Very cheap!!   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332373390868. but actually they look okay and fitted easily.  I ride with them tomorrow.  Although they have small hero blobs,  I didn't like the look of the original long ones.  They look big, comfy and vibration reducing anyway.

IMG_1450 copy.jpg

4 hours ago, CumuloNimbus said:

My dealer fitted the optional black billet touring pegs from new.  https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/accessories/accessories-overview/billet-touring-foot-pegs-rider-2pp-frfpg-10-00/2pp-frfpg-00-00/

Whilst they are okay and probably better than the standard pegs, I didn't like the fact there are no hero blobs/lean angle indicators with them, no holes to screw them into.  As I don't want the centre stand to tell me I've gone far enough, I've just fitted the FJR ebay specials.  Very cheap!!   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332373390868. but actually they look okay and fitted easily.  I ride with them tomorrow.  Although they have small hero blobs,  I didn't like the look of the original long ones.  They look big, comfy and vibration reducing anyway.

IMG_1450 copy.jpg

As mentioned in a separate post, I fitted OEM pegs from a Niken, quite expensive but wanted the genuine item. More comfortable than the original short metal pegs but what I am finding is that as the replacements are longer I keep rubbing against the ends when I put my feet down, particularly when I'm seated and pushing the bike backwards. Are you experiencing the same? The Niken pegs are 9cm long, measured at the rubber top.

Niken Pegs Reduced.jpg

• Supporting Member

I had the eBay pegs for three seasons... then the rubber cracked and peeled away... found out on a trip as my footing felt floaty... lesson learnt. Bought MT-09 adventure pegs from yamabits... here.

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Suu Kyi

Rode my new pegs today.  They must be okay because they didn't draw attention to themselves at all.  Certainly didn't notice any vibration, felt comfortable and secure, so a thumbs up so far.  Interesting to hear the rubber lasted 3 seasons, which isn't bad for the £$.

After your mention of the Niken OEM pegs, I had a look and couldn't find them.  They certainly look better quality and the lean indicator/hero blob looks more the part.  I'd prefer to have those.  From what I could find, to get those pegs you have to order all of the component parts which soon adds up.  Is there a complete set for sale from Yamaha?

Mine measure 9cm too.  I've always had my legs catch pegs on various bikes when paddling backwards,  thought this was normal actually.  It's never bothered me.  I was catching the billet pegs too.

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/28/2019 at 5:09 AM, CumuloNimbus said:

Suu Kyi

Rode my new pegs today.  They must be okay because they didn't draw attention to themselves at all.  Certainly didn't notice any vibration, felt comfortable and secure, so a thumbs up so far.  Interesting to hear the rubber lasted 3 seasons, which isn't bad for the £$.

After your mention of the Niken OEM pegs, I had a look and couldn't find them.  They certainly look better quality and the lean indicator/hero blob looks more the part.  I'd prefer to have those.  From what I could find, to get those pegs you have to order all of the component parts which soon adds up.  Is there a complete set for sale from Yamaha?

Mine measure 9cm too.  I've always had my legs catch pegs on various bikes when paddling backwards,  thought this was normal actually.  It's never bothered me.  I was catching the billet pegs too.

Yes I had to order the complete set-up for the Niken pegs from Yamaha and yes it was quite expensive, AUD 330. I've never experienced pegs catching on my calves (not that I can remember) so going to swap back to the billet stock pegs to see where the extra expense is justified. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/30/2019 at 7:48 PM, Suu Kyi said:

Yes I had to order the complete set-up for the Niken pegs from Yamaha and yes it was quite expensive, AUD 330. I've never experienced pegs catching on my calves (not that I can remember) so going to swap back to the billet stock pegs to see where the extra expense is justified. 

Have swapped back to the stock from the Niken pegs and they're ok. No more digging into the calves when stationary or back paddling. Don't know why I swapped as stock was not causing me any issues. Guess I experience this interference probably because  I'm not that tall at 173cms (5'7") hence I need to keep my feet closer to the bike. Expensive exercise but there you go, just pleased the outcome is positive.

Stock Pegs.jpg

Edited by Suu Kyi
  • Thumbsup 1