Anti-fog solutions: Pinlock, or...?

keithu

• Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I do wear glasses. I've been using one of those Clearview stick-on anti-fog shields so I guess I'm accustomed to minor ghosting.

• Premium Member

I have pin locks and all my helmets and I think they work pretty darn well and haven't noticed an issue at night though sometimes with headlights should get a little refraction but not bad at all if it's clean and not scratched up

You have to be really careful cleaning them I use a very high-quality microfiber cloth and Sparkle glass cleaner which has no ammonia harsh abrasives and you mist

it on and then wipe it laterally with one even wipe and it dries quickly and that's it

I haven't used the uvex or Rain-X Anti Fog but I do use the fog Tech on my glasses which takes a really careful even application again only one light lateral wipe but it still leaves striations that pick up light and it can be annoying at night even during the day it's not great but it's the best out of all the anti fog Solutions or wipes that I found in the last 45 years

• Premium Member

My pinlock does not stay in contact with the visor all the way around the perimeter. Instead it lifts off the surface of the visor and then I get fog between the visor and the pinlock. How do you keep the pinlock in contact with the visor so that it maintains a seal?

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

29 minutes ago, estell said:

My pinlock does not stay in contact with the visor all the way around the perimeter. Instead it lifts off the surface of the visor and then I get fog between the visor and the pinlock. How do you keep the pinlock in contact with the visor so that it maintains a seal?

Sounds like you may need to adjust the pins. 

"If your Pinlock® lens does not seal all the way around the inside of your visor, the adjustment of your pins might help you solve this...."

← Back to FAQ  If your Pinlock® lens does not seal all the way around the...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the same issue and rotating the pins as @chitownpoints out is the answer. It’s a pain to do as the pins are transparent and need to be popped up out of the visor to turn, before pressing them back in, and then flexing the visor to reinstall the pinlock. If you can get another pair of hands to help it goes easier.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)