Shad Side bags for FJ-09 !!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just pre-ordered the side case set in titanium. Shipping date says April 21st, so I'll post pics when they come in to show how they look on a gray bike. The free inner bags were added to the order automatically, so it looks like the first 25 orders offer still has some spots left

• 3 weeks later...
NEW UPDATE!!

Due to overwhelming demand of FJ09 Mounts, two full production runs have been depleted at factory within weeks, causing a delay in delivery of FJ09 kits to our facilities. The next production delivery date has been fully confirmed to be April 28th. For those Orders placed prior to April 21st, FJ09 Kits will be Air Couriered in for expedited delivery. We estimate the kits to arrive at our facilities by Courier by May 4th, after which they will be immediately shipped by 2-day delivery. PLEASE NOTE – Orders have NOT been charged and, will be charged 3-5 days prior to actual shipping.

For orders received AFTER April 21st, please note new stock of FJ09 Kits will arrive at our facilities by May 16th, with shipments shipping out within 24-48 hours thereof.
We apologize for this slight delay caused, the overwhelming demand for the FJ09 application has been larger than forecasted, as production adjustments are being made, we are working as hard as possible to have your orders processed and shipped the soonest possible.
Please note your order have not been charged yet, we will charge to your credit card placed on our online store the day the cases arrive, we will also send you the special we offered you at time of purchase.

Well at least I still have my money at the bank, I was excited to receive the cases. I can complain delays happen and so far customer service has been top notch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Anyone received their order yet? Based on the above, I should be in the first round of deliveries.

Hope they get it right. Still waiting for them to correct the top case that they sent.

My order was placed on April 1st. Angie Assured me that I would be included of the first to receive fulfillment . But she also said that there would be two shipments. Looks as though I will get the mounts first then the bags. I finally pinned her down to May 15th when I will have everything I ordered. (Bags/Mounts/ inner bag)
For some reason I just have a feeling this is going to drag on......Hope not
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

Vanessa of Shad just informed me that the mount kits arrive at Shad USA tomorrow and the bags next week. They are claiming it's do to customs. :-(

These delays have cost me $150. I gave up and just bought some soft-sided Cortech bags.

My order I placed on april 1st for side bags isn't listed on the SHAD site anymore...... WTF !!
Anyone else waiting on these bags check your status please.
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

• Premium Member
My order I placed on april 1st for side bags isn't listed on the SHAD site anymore...... WTF !! Anyone else waiting on these bags check your status please.
Pull down the selector that lets you see how far back (in time) you want to look. I had the same WTF moment when I check shipping status earlier this week.

• Premium Member
This just in:
[em]Dear Customer,

I am writing to send you an updated status on your order.

We are expecting arrival of the shipment from factory tomorrow with the side fitting kit REF: Y0MT95IF, We have marked your order for Priority processing, it should be among the first batch of orders that will be processed and shipped tomorrow as well.

Once the label has been created and tracking # available we will email you with the information for you to track your package that will be sent out via UPS (ground shipping).

As for the SH 36 Side Cases we are expecting shipment from factory to arrive on the 20th of May , 2 weeks from now.

Our sincere apologies for the delay and, the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your business, we greatly value it.

Kind Regards,
Shipping Department
T. 305.652.6366 F. 305.655.0858 TF: 1.888.9.SHADUS
19096 NE 4th Court Miami, Fl 33179
www.shadusa.com[/em]

My order I placed on april 1st for side bags isn't listed on the SHAD site anymore...... WTF !! Anyone else waiting on these bags check your status please.
Pull down the selector that lets you see how far back (in time) you want to look. I had the same WTF moment when I check shipping status earlier this week.

Nope its gone just got off the phone with them. I never canceled my order.... I told them just to leave it canceled. O_o
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

• Premium Member

Nope its gone just got off the phone with them. I never canceled my order.... I told them just to leave it canceled. O_o
Dang.  Sorry for the problem. They do seem to be having issues.  This new venture in direct marketing doesn't seem to be going well for them.  Hope they get it sorted soon because they do have quality products.

I got the same "dear customer" email about my order. Its disappointing, but things like this happen. Hopefully the mounting system will arrive at their shipping department today like they expect, so they can send it out. There is no mention in the email about charges (mount cost vs full order mounts and bags) but something should happen next week. I'll post updates

I got the same email. It's getting a little frustrating, but a few weeks is not a big deal. I'm getting quality cases with more capacity AND a top case plus inner bags for the same price as the Yamaha cases for the same price. I had a SHAD top case on my last bike. It was quality and I was very happy with it. I'm sure I'll be happy with these, so I can wait a few weeks. Patience my friends.

Mine arrived today as well.. not nearly in as good a shape as yours. My box was mangled and one of the side bars has multiple areas where the powder coating was damaged (down to the metal). There was absolutely no packing material in the box to pad anything... they did put a 'Fragile' sticker.. sort of like a challenge to the Post office.

Archived