Shad Side bags for FJ-09 !!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
97aisQk.jpg
RcaJTAy.jpg
vFVUr2u.jpg

Pretty nasty marks where the racks were bashing into eachother. Won't be visible when installed, but i am still a little pissed. The cases better be worth the headaches Shade is giving me so far

Same thing happened to me. Not sure why they would rush the mounting hardware when the cases are still on back order. Luckily mine only had a little scratch on one of the edges where it's gonna get all dinged up later anyway. They haven't shipped or mentioned anything about my top case and mount either.

I bought the side cases and fitting kit on 4-19-15.  On 4-21-15, they told me by e-mail that there were delays but "the next production delivery date has been fully confirmed to be April 28th."  The e-mail went on to say that they expected to immediately ship them with 2-day delivery on 5/4/15.  On May 5th, I tried calling the number from the e-mail.  I got voicemail and left a message.  I then tried the website for a different number but before I found it, Vanessa popped up in a chat window:

Vanessa:
Hello, thank you for visiting. Can I help you in any way?
Me: Yes, I'm trying to get an update on my order #1182
I recieved an e-mail on 4/21 indicating that it would ship out 5/4 but i have not heard anything since
Vanessa: I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Sure allow me to check for you, could you please provide me you Order #?
Me: yes, order# 1182
hello?
Vanessa: Please hold one moment while I find out.
Me: Will do. Thanks.
it's been 10 minutes now. Are you still with me?
Vanessa: Thank you for your patience, I am back.
The shipping team has just informed me that the shipment is arriving on the 12th.
Unfortunately we cannot control customs
Me: May I suggest that you bribe them. Or at the very, least notify your customers when delivery dates change.
Please have your manager call me immediately at 812-890-7657
Vanessa: We are doing so as we speak, sending emails to our customers for the exact date of delivery
Me: Are these e-mails also going to say, I quote, "The next production delivery date has been fully confirmed"? Because my last e-mail stated, I quote, "The next production delivery date has been fully confirmed to be April 28th. For those Orders placed prior to April 21st, FJ09 Kits will be Air Couriered in for expedited delivery. We estimate the kits to arrive at our facilities by Courier by May 4th, after which they will be immediately shipped by 2-day delivery."
[span]

Granted, could have been more cordial but we have a 3000 mile ride planned and I'm really counting on this luggage.  I never received the call from Vanessa's manager.  I also never received the e-mail that was supposedly in progress on 5/5/15.  

I called in again on 5/14/15 and unfortunately got Vanessa, again!  She told me once again that they cannot control customs.  Understood.  However, they can but did not communicate.  I expressed my urgency due to the trip and asked that Vanessa please send me an e-mail following up our phone conversation.  She agreed that she would do so.  

5/15/15 1630CDT:  I still had not received any e-mails since the 4-21 message previously mentioned.  I called again.  Vanessa, one of 2 operators, answered.  I asked why she had not e-mailed me.  She said because she didn't have any tracking info.  This was not what I had asked for.  I askd to speak to her manager, Michael.  He had gone home early as it was a Friday.  I asked for an update on my status.  She said that she had personally inquired with the warehouse that morning.  Yet, she had no update for the status.  I asked her if she was in the same building as the warehouse.  She responded that she was.  I asked her to please check with the warehouse again.  After 10-15 minutes, she told me that my cases were, in fact, in the warehouse but they could not locate my fitting kit.  She spoke with Michael and assured me that I would receive an e-mail today with my tracking number.  Still, I have no e-mail.  I'll buy my next Shad case directly from Spain.

I only wish that I could complain about a scuff and scratch on my mounted and ready cases.  If they don't ship out Monday, I'm up feces creek with only hands to paddle.  Anyone in the SW US want to lend me their washer and dryer while we're riding the area with no luggage?

[/span]

Wow. Its sounds like an awful company. Too bad. I was just about ready to purchase some bags from them too. I attempted to "chat" with someone on their website and was ignored after the first sentence. I received the automatic "someone will be right with you" and then I found, what I believed to be, a real person. I asked them about the issues that I've been reading on this forum. They never replied. I waited almost all day.

I made my order on 4/1/15......You know that feeling in your gut that keeps jabbing you telling you not to do it... Well I listened and canceled my order on the 5/7/15

2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

• Premium Member
Latest communication with Shad:

[em]Vanessa: Thank you for your patience, I am back.

Yes the shipment is suppose to arrive to our warehouse tomorrow the 20th, and should be shipped by Friday.

Me: Thank you. Will I receive an email notice of shipment?

Vanessa: yes sir correct we will email you[/em]
[em]
[/em]Fingers crossed :|[em]

[/em]

Follow up to my earlier post.... I sent several emails to Shad asking about status of my order. In particular, the top case and mount as I had received no emails on that, only emails about the side cases. I also asked about the damaged hardware I received.... this was the reply I got after 2 emails.. the first email seemed to go unnoticed for several days.

--------------------------
"I just reviewed your order with our team, our apologies first for the delay and second, for the lack of more clear communication on our part regarding the shipping of your Top and Side Kits for the FJ09.

In an effort to get the side kits shipped to pending customers as soon as possible from the air order received, the kits were switched from air order packaging to new boxes, not knowing there could have been possible damage from the air shipment.

The FJ09 application has done so tremendously well in Europe that, factory has sold out production 3 times, creating a delay in supply to us in the US for what would be only our first order (!). As you can imagine, it has been quite frustrating for us as well, the timing, shipping and availability has not been easy to deal with.

Having said this, next week we finally receive our first container shipment with FJ09 applications. Understanding that, you have both received a scratched side kit and, have ordered a full set requiring the mounting of side and top mount at the same time, I would like to offer sending you a brand new set of hardware. It will be an additional week’s wait, unfortunately but, allow us to make things right for you and get you brand new product in perfect condition for your FJ09. Container shipments never have any issues in terms of product moving, getting possibly damaged or scratched, therefore you will have perfectly fine product delivered to you.

We will include a label to return the current side kit back to us at no cost.

I would also like to offer you a 5% discount on the total order for the inconvenience caused with your order, it is our most important objective that you are satisfied with the product ordered and, enjoy your new SHAD SH36 Side Cases on the FJ09.

We have marked your order as Priority on the Board, we will notify you a few days prior to shipping with tracking numbers so you can expect the full set up from us."
------------------------------

Note the reply points to the fact ("the kits were switched from air order packaging to new boxes, not knowing there could have been possible damage from the air shipment.") they think the damage originated from shipping overseas. I sent back a detailed explanation that the damage had to have occurred from their shipping in FL to US Addressed as they were repackaged with no packing/padding materials.

Got this response from that email

Thank you for your detailed reply. Well noted your comments, I will review this with the shipping department to avoid this from being able to occur again.

Having seen the shipping boxes the kits left in, I thought they were packaged very tight, not allowing for damage to occur. The packaging they came in from Europe is a lot larger in size, giving much more chance for movement. Anyhow, I will analyze this with shipping to make sure this does not happen in future shipments.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Fingers crossed here as well...

next week we finally receive our first container shipment with FJ09 applications

I hope that email was sent to you last week, or are they delaying it another week?!?

On another note, I did receive the mounts yesterday. As others noted they were poorly packaged. There was minor scratches, but not really a concern to me since it isn't anything that isn't going to happen to them while they are on the bike.

Did anyone else have problems installing the mounts? The top bolts matched up well, but the part that attaches to the passenger foot peg mount didn't match up and the bolts were two long. I'll have to get a photo tonight, so you can see what I'm talking about.

next week we finally receive our first container shipment with FJ09 applications
I hope that email was sent to you last week, or are they delaying it another week?!? 
On another note, I did receive the mounts yesterday. As others noted they were poorly packaged. There was minor scratches, but not really a concern to me since it isn't anything that isn't going to happen to them while they are on the bike.

Did anyone else have problems installing the mounts? The top bolts matched up well, but the part that attaches to the passenger foot peg mount didn't match up and the bolts were two long. I'll have to get a photo tonight, so you can see what I'm talking about.
That email was received last week on the 14th.  As for mounting.. I have not tried yet as I'm waiting for replacements. 

QLCIM0D.jpg
wq29cBv.jpg

I installed the brackets to check the fit. No issues to report. If you have any trouble, try starting all the bolts by hand before tightening any. And double check your spacers and washers to make sure everything is installed properly

I also got an email today saying they are hoping to ship the bags this Friday! So my next post on this thread should be pictures of bags installed....and not sorry for the delay emails

Archived