Shad Side bags for FJ-09 !!!

• Premium Member
I installed the brackets to check the fit. No issues to report. If you have any trouble, try starting all the bolts by hand before tightening any. And double check your spacers and washers to make sure everything is installed properly

Leaving the bolts slack during assembly is good advice for any luggage kit, especially Givi - they usually have one of the holes as a slot to allow a bit of wiggle room when aligning the various sections. Just remember to tighten them all at the end. Then check them after the first ride.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Just got the call from Vanessa to verify credit card info. Cases are in. Shipping tomorrow.

Since they're coming out of Miami and I am in Florida, I will probably be among the first to get them.

Did anyone else have problems installing the mounts? The top bolts matched up well, but the part that attaches to the passenger foot peg mount didn't match up and the bolts were two long. I'll have to get a photo tonight, so you can see what I'm talking about.

I'm having two problems with my mounts. The first problem is all the bolts they shipped are all 10mm too long.
HwwTVyG.jpg
2VWIAXp.jpg

The second problem is there isn't the correct spacers included to work with the Yamaha rear rack.
2soY9MI.jpg

Which causes the mounts at the rear footpegs to be at the wrong angle:
Uh9RkbN.jpg

To ctrlaltdl,

I measured my bolts and found the little one for footpeg mount is 5mm or so shorter that the one in your picture. Hard to tell how the rest of my hardware stacks up compared to yours. When I test fit the bracket it was not quite flush either. But after tightening the fasteners it pulled everything into place. Given the customer support and shipping issues so far, I would suggest a trip to the hardware store for bolts and washers. Or cut a little off and repair the threads. I'm curious to see how well the bags clip in if we have to space and flex these brackets to make them fit right.

Actually I just looked at your pics again. Are you running a rear rack mounted to those holes in the tail? That would explain your spacing issue

Yes, I have a Yamaha OEM rear rack which uses the same top holes as the saddlebag racks.

I'm going to be picking up custom spacers and the correct length bolts, but I emailed Shad support and showed them this thread in hopes they fix it for future orders.

Actually I just looked at your pics again. Are you running a rear rack mounted to those holes in the tail? That would explain your spacing issue
Yes, I have a Yamaha OEM rear rack which uses the same top holes as the saddlebag racks. 
I'm going to be picking up custom spacers and the correct length bolts, but I emailed Shad support and showed them this thread in hopes they fix it for future orders.
Try putting the Shad brackets in first, then the rear rack mounts on top of them. 

Just got a UPS tracking # this morning, my guess is they won't make it from Florida to Oklahoma by the weekend. I have the tracking # but it has no info yet, so I'm just guessing.

Archived