Shad Side bags for FJ-09 !!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Shad UK now advertise a full kit custom made for the Tracer. Reasonable prices. I also see that Touratech has some bike specific tank bags.
spend £450 and get a free T shirt at https://www.ajsutton.co.uk/ which is the retailer linked to from http://www.shad.co.uk/shad/ 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Got my side cases and mounting racks yesterday. Installed them in 1/2 hour, looks sharp and everything went together easily . Other than being on backorder when I ordered them, every thing went great, no problems with ordering or customer service. I'm a happy customer.

• Premium Member
2crK1Q7.jpg 
All is forgiven. The cases look great. I'll post after commuting with them tomorrow
Looking good. Looks like factory on your bike.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Rode to work and didn't notice the bags were even on the bike. They are very light and stream line. And ctrlaltdl, i kinda dig the silver too. It's not even close to the flat gray on the bike, but the finish is similar. I've been thinking about painting some panels white for some contrast, and these color inserts seem to come off pretty easy. Maybe next winter :)

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
 And nice lookin' pooch!
Have to disagree. GORGEOUS-looking pooch - obviously much-loved and cared for. Much like mine..
L of S

I'm not impressed with Shads service at all. I ordered May 14 and the three cases were on back order, ok. They emailed that UPS had them on May 26. Ten days later I checked with UPS and they said that the delivery had been cancelled. June 5th I call Shad and Vanessa says she will have the shipper call me. He doesn't call. Today, June 10, I talk to Vanessa again and she says she will get me the info on my order and call or email me back. That was three hours ago and it's after office hours now in Miami so, it looks like they are continuing to give me bad, bad service. Oh, and they took the money from me on May 26.
The Yamaha cases are starting to look better and better to me.
I really hope the product is a lot better than the service.

• Premium Member
The Yamaha cases are starting to look better and better to me.

If you can get them.  It took more than two months for them to ship me the cases, ordered April 1, and they still haven't shipped the lower mounts.  They're claiming backorder until the first week in July now.  At least one person on this list has been waiting a long time for lock cores, although I got those within a week. 
They are nice cases, worth the money IMO.  Sure wish I could use them.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Archived