dazzler24

K-Tech Razor R installed and first ride

23 hours ago, wordsmith said:

dazz - to answer your PM question, the following settings are on the job notes given to me:

Rear shock upgrade:

• compression - 16 clicks out
  • rebound - 8 clicks out
  • rider sag 51mm.   

These may well change when Joe at Ride Dynamics does his final fettling and fine-tuning next week, but might be a useful starting-point for you as we are of near-identical weight.   I'll let you know.   But beware the added weight of those GT stripes...

That seems a little excessive for sag. Was it set as such to get the seat lower, easier for you to get your feet on the ground, or is there another reason they set it there?
What was the sag the set on the front?

3 hours ago, StealthAu said:

That seems a little excessive for sag. Was it set as such to get the seat lower, easier for you to get your feet on the ground, or is there another reason they set it there?
What was the sag the set on the front?

I took the bike to an expert.   It's what he does.   But as explained in an earlier post - :The new unit has adjustable length, so about 10 or 12mm (half-an-inch) was wound out, lowering the bike's rear by that much after I said that I like to be able to fully flat-foot at rest, which is barely achievable with the OE unit.

Wordsmith - a '39 model; bike - a 2019 Tracer 900 GT, Midnight Black and with many farklings.   Redland Bay, SE Queensland, Australia.

Or if you're not a DIY-er and are happy to spend the cash AU$105 (US~$71) you could just get one of these German made devices........!

Maybe this is what the shop guy was using and not just a pencil beam!?... I don't know.

Looks like there's a couple of different versions with slightly different characteristics depending on what you need/want.

Profi Laser Chain Alignment tool

Adjustment / max. Deviation: <0.05%

The description says... "Laser motorcycle chain & rear wheel alignment tool.  Check chain and belt alignment with laser precision in seconds!  Simply hold the Profi Laser C.A.T. against the rear sprocket and aim the laser along the drive chain. Helps minimise wear to chain and sprockets. Ideal tool for the end user and professionals alike"

1662877873_Proficat2.PNG.177d3a27cac0698cfb6c567528f040fb.PNG

410610350_Proficat.PNG.6970e64da75c0f497e72799254ddf739.PNG

991248980_Proficat3.PNG.25afa568eca8b1d1bd83464b2fe9b77d.PNG

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2019 at 10:21 AM, wordsmith said:

dazz - to answer your PM question, the following settings are on the job notes given to me:

Rear shock upgrade:

• compression - 16 clicks out
  • rebound - 8 clicks out
  • rider sag 51mm.   

These may well change when Joe at Ride Dynamics does his final fettling and fine-tuning next week, but might be a useful starting-point for you as we are of near-identical weight.   I'll let you know.   But beware the added weight of those GT stripes...

Thanks for that info @wordsmith - I've got my Compression set at 14 and my Rebound at 16 ATM as they are the halfway points respectively and went for a 200Km ride yesterday.  At the halfway point I stopped for lunch at a nice lookout and was going to set your C & R figures for the ride home but was waylayed by tourists who all wanted to check out the bike and chat and with that distracted me completely and I rode home with the same settings!  Old timers disease!  Yes I could have stopped but was now late and needed to get home.

Anyway, the ride felt waaaay better than any ride I've had with the OEM shock, a little plush perhaps and I guess that would make sense with the rebound at 16, I might be getting a little bounce at the top of the stroke - but I will experiment to find Nirvarna.

I think it was Betony who recommended going to a 3rd of the way out from closed initially and work from there so will give it a go.

Thanks.

• Thumbsup 1