Crash Damage Need Advice

Exandriel

Overreacted to a rear tire slip in a turn that ended in a landed baby power wheelie with the bars turned sideways around 30-40 mph bucked me off and went on a slippy slide run about 30 feet. After looking the bike up and down the only significant damage is to the slider and the right rear set. Frame around the slider seems fine although the bolt is a little bent in the slider, steering head looks aight, front end is fine but still need to make sure the forks don't have a bend in them, the only spot that concerns me is this spot in the frame by the rear set as shown in the first video in the Imgur post. In fact the whole rear set kinda spooks me because the peg is off by about 10 degrees toward the rear i hope its just the rear set bracket that bent. Anything to note from these images? or is it just a cheap little repair with no insurance needed?

sRRn7TWh.jpg

Post with 0 views. Yikes

Good to hear you are unhurt and the damage seems light for that speed - good.  That frame slider did its job.

It was hard for me to tell from the first video what your concerns were.  I would remove all the rear-set / peg assembly and see if you can gauge what is straight and what is bent as you disassemble.  

Re insurance claim or not, I think you pick up most of those parts cheaply 2nd hand.  If you even suspect the frame is damaged, any insurance claim would likely total the bike, regardless of how minor the damage to the frame might look.

Vince

• Thumbsup 5