Pillion-passenger survey

Pillion-Passenger Survey  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever have a passenger?

This is for both Tracer and GT riders.  Could someone brighter than me put up a survey to get comment on pillion use of our machines.   Purely FYI and general interest.   Question to be asked:

How often do you carry a pillion-passenger?

-      always

-      often

-      occasionally

-      never.

Thank you – results might make interesting reading.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

This is for both Tracer and GT riders.  Could someone brighter than me put up a survey to get comment on pillion use of our machines.   Purely FYI and general interest.   Question to be asked:

How often do you carry a pillion-passenger?

-      always

-      often

-      occasionally

-      never.

Thank you – results might make interesting reading.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

At times I do. Pillions rave about comfort, though I hate having them on this bike. The passenger pegs are too close to mine, my feet end up much further forward than I like. 

I usually take my cruiser if I'm taking a passenger. The peg positioning on the GT is a shame, as with the hydraulic preload on the shock, it is much more convenient in setting up for passengers. 

Never. We have a policy at home: my wife and me don't ride on the same motor. Just in case something might happen we want our kids to have at least 1 parent left (preferably 2 of course!). And as my wife doesn't have a motor drivers license....I'm the only one riding a bike.

And my wife has another policy too: I'm not allowed to take the kids on the motor 😞

Never. I took off my rear pegs and put on blanking plates to save weight. I put some weight on the bike with a rear rack and bags. Take off where you can. Also the hand guards are off the bike. 

Edited by tktplz

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

I totaled my XSR900 and was all set to replace with an FZ 09 and then saw an FJ 09 sitting next to it and decided to go with it because I liked the larger gas tank and......my GF refused to ride on the little pillon seat and I figured she'd be comfortable with this having the larger seat and grab bars. The bike is now 11 months old and I just passed 7000 miles this week. To date GF has ridden for a total of about 5 miles. Fortunately, I love the bike and larger pillon seat is great for carrying luggage etc.