Pillion-passenger survey

Pillion-Passenger Survey  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever have a passenger?

• Premium Member

The wife has been on back of my FJ maybe 5 times for about a total of 100 miles. The passenger peg position appears to be set for 12 year old contortionists. 

By comparison, we just returned from a 1200 mile, 5 day trip on my ST1100.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Several times a season (~300km/ride), with my 100lb (geared) daughter and just a bit of luggage (side cases). For reference, I am 210lb geared, so we're probably around 330lbs all in. The bike works well with the new suspension and we enjoy the rides, but I would not want to ride heavier.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

18 hours ago, Cruizin said:

@wordsmith Im merging this with your other thread..  No need to have two duplicate threads. 

Thank you.   My original post did ask if someone could create the formal survey - I didn't expect guys to be so quick off the mark with replies.   Have you added the replies so far to the survey - I've been away and am not yet up-to-date.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

14 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Thank you.   My original post did ask if someone could create the formal survey - I didn't expect guys to be so quick off the mark with replies.   Have you added the replies so far to the survey - I've been away and am not yet up-to-date.

I did not add verbal replies to the "formal" survey when I created it. I doubt Cruizin did either.

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

I ride most of the time with a pillion my partner, not like I ride solo obviously. The bike is set up for me only, I just do 4 clicks harder on the pre load with a pillion. I am 73 years old and looking at a lot of guys on the forum that list there previous and present bikes mostly in the States, There is a huge difference to people in the U.K. Although it is getting harder over here now as well, but 160mph for short blasts is an every day occurrence ( on private roads of course hahaha ). And we seem to own more Supersports bikes over here. Not many Harley Davidsons or Gold Wings etc.  My bikes up to 70 were Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 1400 Sports and a Honda FireBlade. Do you have a lot of strict Traffic Police over in the U.S. I was just wondering. Cheer Guys and ride safe and Enjoy. Just a thought all you young guys that only ride solo ...... when you get old you will find out, that 90 % of all the fast lads that were going to ride forever DONT and you become Billy No Mates. Luckily for me my partner loves the 900GT and we still go to race meetings all year and ever year to the Isle of Man TT. I will NEVER be on a cruiser hahaha.

Edgar Jessop.

• Thumbsup 2