Skene light controller

jdavis

Wired my spotlights to a Skene controller and I cant get them to work with it.

The lights are a dimmable version from China (very good lights BTW).

Anyone tried these with the controller?

Capture (1).JPG

Capture.JPG

72230250_2146608345640270_60889081340493824_n.jpg

No not personally. 

Im assuming the second pic is showing how you hooked it up to the bike? What did you do about the signal from the high beam to the controller unit for your light?

the detail blurs when I try to zoom in on the left side of that second pic, but I assume that a piece of the FJ elect diagram showing where you tapped power and ground. 

If you haven’t hooked anything up to the “high beam” side of the controller that I asked about then that why things won’t work. The control unit is probably looking for a 12v signal on that wire. 

Other than that, double check your work and make sure the connections are correct.  

-Skip

3 hours ago, skipperT said:

No not personally. 

Im assuming the second pic is showing how you hooked it up to the bike? What did you do about the signal from the high beam to the controller unit for your light?

the detail blurs when I try to zoom in on the left side of that second pic, but I assume that a piece of the FJ elect diagram showing where you tapped power and ground. 

If you haven’t hooked anything up to the “high beam” side of the controller that I asked about then that why things won’t work. The control unit is probably looking for a 12v signal on that wire. 

Other than that, double check your work and make sure the connections are correct.  

-Skip

@skipperT,The HB signal comes from the wire out of the led controller,it works the spots atm.

The power and ground comes from one of the aux plugs under the screen.

Wired it up three times to check, still no go.

Thanks for your input.

I'm thinking my lights aren't compatible with the controller .

28 minutes ago, skipperT said:

What is the controller supposed to do?

So you have your lights hooked up to that White wire labeled “high beam” in the diagram?

-S

regulates power to the lights to be on all the time at low power,and,go to full power on high beam.

Ok as I mentioned before, I think you’ve got it backwards unless I’m not understanding something in your post. 

The High Beam white wire of the control unit is looking for a signal from the bike wiring when you switch the headlight to High on the FJ. 

Also as I’ve mentioned in other threads, if you splice into the wiring of the FJ and do it wrong, you risk blowing the driving circuit of the ECM That tells the 24v LED control module to power up the headlight.  Which is a costly mistake. 

You need to call the manufacturer of the Module for tech support specific to connecting it to a FJ/MT 09 tracer. 

-Skip. 

2 hours ago, skipperT said:

Ok as I mentioned before, I think you’ve got it backwards unless I’m not understanding something in your post. 

The High Beam white wire of the control unit is looking for a signal from the bike wiring when you switch the headlight to High on the FJ. 

Also as I’ve mentioned in other threads, if you splice into the wiring of the FJ and do it wrong, you risk blowing the driving circuit of the ECM That tells the 24v LED control module to power up the headlight.  Which is a costly mistake. 

You need to call the manufacturer of the Module for tech support specific to connecting it to a FJ/MT 09 tracer. 

-Skip. 

The white wire is getting a signal as it works the spotlights now, just not when the controller is wired in.

The signal wire does work from the ECM, currently use it for the spotlights.

The manufacturer said it works on the FJ.

The only thing I can conclude is the dimmer system in the spots isnt compatible with the controller.