SHAD 58X Top Box Mounted to Yamaha Rack

Portapawl

Hey Guys and Gals,

Its my first post and I thought I'd share my recent Shad 58x top box installation. I did not like the SHAD rack or the SW Motech as much as the Yamaha OEM rack, so that complicated installation slightly. But as you can see from the photos, It can be done! I had to buy a few more bolts and washers than what the SHAD box came with, but I think the end result is quite nice.

Post with 0 votes and 2 views.

Shadbox_superpic_largecompressed.jpg

Edited by Portapawl
  • Thumbsup 9

On 10/12/2019 at 12:25 AM, Portapawl said:

Hey Guys and Gals,

Its my first post and I thought I'd share my recent Shad 58x top box installation. I did not like the SHAD rack or the SW Motech as much as the Yamaha OEM rack, so that complicated installation slightly. But as you can see from the photos, It can be done! I had to buy a few more bolts and washers than what the SHAD box came with, but I think the end result is quite nice.

Looks great and very practical.

• 1 year later...
On 10/12/2019 at 3:25 AM, Portapawl said:

Hey Guys and Gals,

Nice job. Just a bit oversized for my liking, but if it works for you, it's all good. I need one about ½ that size. Any suggestions?

17 hours ago, jimsdaone said:

Nice job. Just a bit oversized for my liking, but if it works for you, it's all good. I need one about ½ that size. Any suggestions?

It is quite big, the advantage here is two up riding. The wife and I can go somewhere casually, put both of our helmets in the trunk and a jacket in each side pannier. That leaves two people without gear to haul around when we walk around at our destination. Hard to understate how nice that is.

If you want a bit smaller though, I would go with the Yamaha OEM top boxes for this rack. They have a smaller ones (35L and 50L i think) that are meant to pair with this rack. They look decent, and you can get a backrest with it.

• Thumbsup 1